Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 3-4 Noreaster Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Nam and HRR showing 2-4 yet to come to the Lehigh valley . It appears that it pushes some of the heavier bands into the area. Not holding my breath

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Sure looks like the bands want to push into our area

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My sis in Delco just texted that she heard thundersnow.  Something convective is happening down there!

Awesome! I was wondering if there would be any reports of thundersnow. If so, I thought down along the beaches. Sounds like some strong dynamics have pushed west.

Really starting to hear the winds now.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

If not then perhaps a blown transformer.  I don't know if that or this captures all strikes - https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/america/index.php?lang=en

this one captures even more based on several sensors, but still nothing

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/lightning/northeast-lightning.html

If not then perhaps a blown transformer.  I don't know if that or this captures all strikes - https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/america/index.php?lang=en

It definitely does not. I've sat through many spring/summer storms with this open on my computer. It gets most of them, to be fair, but it's not 100%. 

1 minute ago, CoolHandMike said:

It definitely does not. I've sat through many spring/summer storms with this open on my computer. It gets most of them, to be fair, but it's not 100%. 

Yeah - I love the site and have had it open during some severe events and know it detects the bigger cloud to ground and cloud to cloud flashes but not the smaller flashes.

My sis in Delco just texted that she heard thundersnow.  Something convective is happening down there!
Several friends in delco reporting 5-9". Something tells me they are measuring drifts and not doing a melted liquid equivalent formula based on temperature and ratio calculations. Just a hunch.

Around 2" here from last le melt. My accuracy with this method isnt 100% accurate. Prefer the snowboard in the middle of the open field outside except it is bare from the wind.

Yeah - I love the site and have had it open during some severe events and know it detects the bigger cloud to ground and cloud to cloud flashes but not the smaller flashes.

perhaps, but to be honest, there is nothing that suggest convection on the backside of the precip shield.  

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

The "backside" edge of the precipitation goes all the way out into Lancaster County. She lives up in the hills around Upper Darby.

there is nothing anywhere on the backside that suggest thundersnow.  all the reported thundersnow is where it is usually expected, out in front of the system where the convection is centered (Long Island, for instance, where it is in fact showing up on the lightning maps).

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

there is nothing anywhere on the backside that suggest thundersnow.  all the reported thundersnow is where it is usually expected, out in front of the system where the convection is centered (Long Island, for instance, where it is in fact showing up on the lightning maps).

Neither you nor I are there so again, it's silly to argue it.  She is a weather junkie (although not as much as me to the point of posting on forums) so it's nonsensical to dispute either way.

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Snow has lightened a bit and temp is down to 22F with fog.  Winds have still been mostly out of the NNW with alot of blowing.

Still some nice bands heading this way off the ocean. And within the past 1/2 half hour the flake size has increased a tad...

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Still some nice bands heading this way off the ocean. And within the past 1/2 half hour the flake size has increased a tad...

Am looking at a deathband over the Jersey coast.  But if it keeps moving ENE then am wondering if the band will make it over this far before it pulls away.

Archived