joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 28-31 Snow Systems

Hoosier

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit the gym and then spent like an hour shoveling this nuisance stuff (loooong driveway).  Total just over 1".  Looking at storm reports from Midway and O'Hare, the northern end of this did struggle with ratios as the liquid equivalents/snow amounts at those 2 places were not that impressive.

Picked up another 0.8" from the mid-evening band of snow globe snows.  Was enough to bring us to 3.6" for the day, so ended up pretty close to my 4" call for here afterall.  Winds are going to start picking up after midnight, so suspect there could be quite a bit of blowing snow out in the open country with how dry/fluffy this snow is.

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Yea I was surprised when I woke up.  Went to bed around 1030 and the pixie dust festival had come to an end and I was convinced it was going to be another 1-2" under achievwe.

Is it snowing over your way? Radar seems to have picked up another little band moving in to CMH. Starting to pick up a bit here.

HRRR was right with the narrow band, but the ratio bulls verified within that band. Between Kankakee and Champaign we drove through moderate or better snow. I-57 was snow covered. Between Clifton and Paxton was heaviest. Measured about 4 inches at a Clifton gas station while still snowing hard, big phat flakes. The 5+ reports seem reasonable. Looks like only 2 in Champaign. Radar sharp cutofff represented reality fairly well. Thanks for sharing the nice clipper for our visit up here.

Archived