• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Russian Popups?

Casualbrain

Yep, I'm getting it as well. Our filter at work blocks advertising cause of things like this yet it's not any sort of ad being clicked on to make it happen. The website itself seems to be infected because it's happening when trying to change pages in threads. They need to scan their entire site for the threat. It's clearly stuck inside the code for the site somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Steven_1974 said:

Yep, I'm getting it as well. Our filter at work blocks advertising cause of things like this yet it's not any sort of ad being clicked on to make it happen. The website itself seems to be infected because it's happening when trying to change pages in threads. They need to scan their entire site for the threat. It's clearly stuck inside the code for the site somewhere.

Yup. And as someone said above, they need to do it soon, or Google is going to blacklist the site (the big red "WARNING THIS SITE IS COMPROMISED" page). I had that happen to a site of mine one time when malicious code got inserted--it's an incredible hassle to get de-blacklisted. 

40 minutes ago, jacindc said:

Yup. And as someone said above, they need to do it soon, or Google is going to blacklist the site (the big red "WARNING THIS SITE IS COMPROMISED" page). I had that happen to a site of mine one time when malicious code got inserted--it's an incredible hassle to get de-blacklisted. 

Getting blacklisted by google would really hurt amwx llc’s bottom line, right?

2 hours ago, Steven_1974 said:

Wow just did a board software update last week. That could have something to do with this if he decided to get it for half price at Comrade Ivan's Software Hut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmasty1978 said:

Have you heard of uranium one?

I have heard stuff.. but I really try not to pay attention. Lol..  I know that the Russians bought advertising and spent money to influence the election last year... Honestly.. that's what superpowers do. I would be very disappointed if America wasn't doing the same thing in elections abroad. 

Anyway the site is redirecting to some phishing thing and people blame the Russians... I guarantee you that the Russians could care less about our forum.

34 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I have heard stuff.. but I really try not to pay attention. Lol..  I know that the Russians bought advertising and spent money to influence the election last year... Honestly.. that's what superpowers do. I would be very disappointed if America wasn't doing the same thing in elections abroad. 

Anyway the site is redirecting to some phishing thing and people blame the Russians... I guarantee you that the Russians could care less about our forum.

We have "American" in the title though.  :(

Ok. Yes, the guest box with a couple of ads should be there.

The popups after clicking links was the big clue.  Had an old account called Viglink still running that alters link redirects for certain key words. I've removed the old script.. I guess someone had hacked the old code and injecting the malicious crap into them.