Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like No Cayuga is in the Watch area as well, and knowing that little tidbit of info, is huge for us here in So. Oswego county.  If they we're not included, I would not be nearly as excited for high intensity lake snows because when their not in a watch, means the lion share will be to my North.  When Wayne is included, then I'm a bit more skeptical as multiple banded structure usually occurs for Monroe to get hit. It not easy for a Single band to set up SE of the Lake, but if convergence sets up just right, it can become epic real quick!!

2 hours ago, danno said:

Barely north of you.  Im down rte 2 west end of the rez.  Im up there a few days a week, but heading up mid day Tuesday through New Years.  We've had a 2-3' snowpack for a couple weeks.  Good start to snowmobile riding season, but waiting for Rez to freeze still.  Sled and 4wheeler went through last week, thankfully nobody hurt.

Didn’t even realize we have a poster from the tug! Welcome and please post more. Would love to see some pics and vids from there every winter. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Didn’t even realize we have a poster from the tug! Welcome and please post more. Would love to see some pics and vids from there every winter. 

I have a cam at camp and try to post pics, but have to learn to resize.  They're too big.  Kind of a silent stalker here.  Love winter weather,   dont know weather, but could certainly post obs.

46 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Latest NAM is classic tug.

namconus_asnow_neus_29.png

Based on tonight’s hi-res models, I might beat my record by Tuesday night.. Trying not to get too excited.  I have seen this potential before only to watch the band set up 5 miles north of me.  But I have to say, I love where I’m sitting right now!!

Xmas snow looks decent for WNY and ENY over to NE north of CT. CNY may see a qpf min with decaying primary overhead while secondary cyclogensis takes place. Seen this many times.  I'd say a general 2-4" for KBGM's CWA. Will prob be some brief LES worth a couple inches before it organizes well north. So, for SYR and burbs, probably a total of 3-5" Xmas day and into Tuesday.  Probably a WWA due to holiday travel considerations.  Maybe some sporadic LES during week for a couple, few inches... but looking pretty boring after XMas for next week plus., other than Fulton to Parish and NE to Tug, for CNY.

00Z GFS and GEM also crush NYE storm well south in fast WNW flow, any phasing is well offshore...so with EC having already thrown in towel on NYE, that one looking like a non-event here but hella good for the MA forum.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Xmas snow looks decent for WNY and ENY over to NE north of CT. CNY may see a qpf min with decaying primary overhead while secondary cyclogensis takes place. Seen this many times.  I'd say a general 2-4" for KBGM's CWA. Will prob be some brief LES worth a couple inches before it organizes well north. So, for SYR and burbs, probably a total of 3-5" Xmas day and into Tuesday.  Probably a WWA due to holiday travel considerations.  Maybe some sporadic LES during week for a couple, few inches... but looking pretty boring after XMas for next week plus., other than Fulton to Parish and NE to Tug, for CNY.

00Z GFS and GEM also crush NYE storm well south in fast WNW flow, any phasing is well offshore...so with EC having already thrown in towel on NYE, that one looking like a non-event here but hella good for the MA forum.

Throwing out complex phasing events 8 days out?  Come on man. Lots of potential there.

Archived