joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Omega values Monday evening through Tuesday are insane ( during periods, not the whole time)!

Gonna be some insane snowfall rates in that band! Ty, what do you think, Winter Storm Watch for Onondaga for tomorrow night through Monday? Oswego for sure.

5 minutes ago, tim123 said:

I dont buy no snow on south shore for middle end of week. It goin to snow

The globals will not pick up on the type of snow that has the potential to fall on south shore next week. The stuff will be pure fluff, it will be tough for even the highest resolutions models to pick it up. 

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Thinking watch for monroe county east to tug hill. 5 to 9 inches for christmas storm. Ofcourse buffalo will put up a wwa though

I think KROC gets a boost from Lake Ontario Christmas morning before winds back to west and then WSW.  I'm feeling bullish...8-12 inches.  

Redfield sounding Monday Evening as the band starts to head North towards Redfield! Wicked sounding

nam_2017122312_063_43.58--75.85.png

Incredible snow rates if this is anywhere near correct, seriously 5-6"/hr easy within the center of this band wherever it is at this time.

Edit: look at how the Omega values intersect the RH as well as the snow growth region!

It doesn't make sense the whole evolution of the system so I'm chucking it, lol. GFS actually outperformed the EURO from 10 days out on the current trough placement and strength, so the GFS does win sometimes and I think this is one of those times. Euro also caved to the GFS with the last event. The the GFS is on a role as of late but I'm j/k about chucking it as all model output has something to show us about the pattern.

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

It doesn't make sense the whole evolution of the system so I'm chucking it, lol. GFS actually outperformed the EURO from 10 days out on the current trough placement and strength, so the GFS does win sometimes and I think this is one of those times. Euro also caved to the GFS with the last event. The the GFS is on a role as of late but I'm j/k about chucking it as all model output has something to show us about the pattern.

All the models have been having issues dealing with the upcoming pattern. Probably that ridiculously strong high disrupting everything, all speculation of course. 

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

What is odd is that the Euro was doing well with this storm about 4-5 days out, now it loses it at the end.  The GFS had virtually no storm at 4-5 days out but now it seems locked in and the Euro is the outlier. 

Archived