joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

Dude pouring snow right now, has to be coming down at 1”/hr rate..

Yeah it's crushing here too, 1.4" since it switched to snow around 10:45 so I would say about an inch an hour rates and it had a bit of a hard time accumulating at first since everything was so wet but now that we got over an inch down the snow seems to be accumulating better.  Snow is extremely wet and heavy but seems to be drying out a bit now judging by flake size which is good for my back :)

IMG_0195.jpg

And this pic is literally within 2 minutes after I finished shoveling. 

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Flipped to crazy heavy snow here.  Like a switch, straight from heavy sleet to thumping snow, two minutes.  Im on the 490/390 interchange....shows up really nicely. 

BUF_loop.gif.c0e64e58e8080c348d3fb9d8608e07f1.gif

I’m close to that KBUF airport and that fking radar hole bugs me every time lol

Tomorrows event is getting better end better with each subsequent run as it enters a vast area of data assimilation as it is just now jumping the Rockies as it redevelops in and around the Panhandle of TX. 12Z tomorrow its rounding the base headed for KPIT then transferring its energy offshore but not before depositing 6-10" area wide with enhancement to the E&SE of LO. Good times ahead, and yeah, not encouraging in the longer range for storminess unless your to the ESE of the lakes for the next several days or so. We'll all cash in this week.

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, that sucks..but there isnt anything they can do about that. 

I still don't understand why the windmills aren't background subtracted out or just removed all together.  

I know those windmills out in Wyoming county are constant but I don’t think I’ve seen it happen with the LES bands, only time I notice it is when we have these general storm systems.

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Tomorrows event is getting better end better with each subsequent run as it enters a vast area of data assimilation as it is just now jumping the Rockies as it redevelops in and around the Panhandle of TX. 12Z tomorrow its rounding the base headed for KPIT then transferring its energy offshore but not before depositing 6-10" area wide with enhancement to the E&SE of LO. Good times ahead, and yeah, not encouraging in the longer range for storminess unless your to the ESE of the lakes for the next several days or so. We'll all cash in this week.

I agree it’s starting to look good.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Even then the LES event is looking more like a tug event now. 

I disagree, but I may see things differently. According to Bufkit and soundings out of KFZY winds veer to the WNW in one form or another from Monday evening through Thursday Morning before it gets squashed by an incoming Arctic HP!

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I disagree, but I may see things differently. According to Bufkit and soundings out of KFZY winds veer to the WNW in one form or another from Monday evening through Thursday Morning before it gets squashed by an incoming Arctic HP which squashes everything!

bufkit soundings utilizing which model? Bufkit doesn't have soundings. When you load bufkit you have to input a dataset. OSU taught me how to use Bufkit last winter. 

SWVA, you will get snow regardless of where the exact band sets up as there is copious amounts of moisture from Monday evening through Wed so don't concern yourself as I wouldn't.  I'm moere concerned down here of not seeing much as it usually sits just to my North and it absolutely kills me but what can I do but chase 4 miles to my North, lol!

5 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

SWVA, you will get snow regardless of where the exact band sets up as there is copious amounts of moisture from Monday evening through Wed so don't concern yourself as I wouldn't.  I'm moere concerned down here of not seeing much as it usually sits just to my North and it absolutely kills me but what can I do but chase 4 miles to my North, lol!

What is your location?  I’m sure I will get snow.  Selfishly wanting something memorable.  Biggest 3 day total I have witnessed is 36”.

The NAM is just incredible with its parameters starting Christmas evening in So. Oswego.

00Z Tuesday Nam

nam_2017122312_060_43.36--76.25.png

Eq up tp 12-14000ft, Steep lapse rates with an aligned 295 flow right into Fulton and No Onondaga!

12Z Tuesday

nam_2017122312_072_43.36--76.25.png

Pretty similar but Eq drops substantially but still a band around with a mean flow between 290-95.

00Z Wed Nam

nam_2017122312_084_43.36--76.25.png

its a WNW to at times a straight westerly flow but can it change, yeah and it probably will, but these wind trajectories spell out to me a band oscillating from SO. Oswego trough the Southern Tug. The Trough axis is much further East to expect a constant 270 flow but thats what usually happens, lol!

Archived