joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9, 2017 Snow Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over an inch here, moderate snow rates, 29F. Will measure shortly when I go get the snow shovels out. All of the 12z (&r current HRRR) mesoscale models show most of the CWA getting another 2" by the time it winds down late this evening (more in NJ), so 3" does look like a decent bet at this point. Driveway is covered, main roads getting a bit slushy. It's a beautiful day!

About 2" now with Mod snow. Western edge isn't making much progress this way, so the snow should continue after sunset. Pavement and sidewalks getting covered. Saw some neighbors coming home with Christmas trees -- a much more festive sight than the 70's from recent Decembers!

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Still a good amount of snow in the pipeline to go I would think the accumulating stuff will continue to 6pm. Many should approach 4" 

How about already reach 4! No accumulation on the roads or driveway make it less of a hassle as well. Can I pull out 4.5-5? We'll see, but time for Army Navy!

IMG_20171209_150336.jpg

5 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

We had a heavy burst of snow in last hour Im at 4 as well now, roads and walks are now covered 

To be honest, snow hasn't looked all that heavy today. Mostly light snow, but a couple moderate bands have put us at 4 with more to go.

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

About 2" now with Mod snow. Western edge isn't making much progress this way, so the snow should continue after sunset. Pavement and sidewalks getting covered. Saw some neighbors coming home with Christmas trees -- a much more festive sight than the 70's from recent Decembers!

I just got in after being out your way at Merrymead Farm with my sister getting her tree.  Earlier this morning, we went from Wyndmoor (where she lives) to Oreland (still in her township) for an event and then out to Landsdale and by then there was a good 1.5".  We left there about 2 pm and as we moved back south & east it got a bit deeper.  My sis measured 2.5" and I have about 2.5" here as well.  Currently 29F and SN-.

Archived