Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, I wish it was only 3 weeks, my last usual 'clean up' is week of Christmas if the ground isn't white by then.

BTW, last 48 hours has been really nice. THIS is what I think of when November is mentioned, 40's and battleship gray skies and drizzle.........

Yeah it does go into December. The highest rate of fall is over the next 2-3 weeks though.

It will be nice outside on Saturday morning.

3 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Something to casually watch in the exurbs @ 4 days. 540 line (I've been trying to learn what that is) is south of the area. 850s aren't quite there but close, temps are like 32-33. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_16.png

The 540 line is the 1000-500 mb thickness. It's an rough approximation of where the rain/snow should be. Needs to be taken with caution though.

http://hss-1.us/ag-fcsts/thickness-chart.pdf

The 540 line is the 1000-500 mb thickness. It's an rough approximation of where the rain/snow should be. Needs to be taken with caution though.

http://hss-1.us/ag-fcsts/thickness-chart.pdf

Thanks for the good read. Trying to learn more this year. Tried to read the sounding, I think (with emphasis on think) that the 12z run was verbatim snow.

24 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:fulltilt:  I was swimming.

On the weather front, 41 with calm winds. Come on front!

Swimming? Yeah, that's the excuse I always use but for some reason no one ever believes me. Even my wife. :(

Was 46 here in balmy Hanover about an hour ago. Winds just started picking up in the last 10-15 minutes or so and we have dropped to 44. I would say the cold front has made it here.. 

46 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Swimming? Yeah, that's the excuse I always use but for some reason no one ever believes me. Even my wife. :(

Was 46 here in balmy Hanover about an hour ago. Winds just started picking up in the last 10-15 minutes or so and we have dropped to 44. I would say the cold front has made it here.. 

Still calm winds here but once the sun rises things should mix up and get gusty. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of yard work and quickly falling temperatures around sunset.

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Still calm winds here but once the sun rises things should mix up and get gusty. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of yard work and quickly falling temperatures around sunset.

I will be out there tomorrow dealing with all the leaves. I will probably go on a morning hike at tuckahoe first. Love cold weather hiking. Been waiting for this.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived