Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2017 Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It's looking pretty good for more soaking rainfall across the dry western part of the subforum over the next week... first on Tuesday, then again this weekend.  The grass has already sprung back to life, big time.

Tuesday is going to be the coldest of the season so far around here.... 50s, rainy, windy.

Yeah I'm liking the look of this.  Euro is showing a few swaths of 2.5-3.5" rains.  Some decent winds just off the deck of 30-40kts could be mixed down during the heavier downpours tomorrow.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see some gravity waves bring some of that down with the amount of convection being forecast.

15 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Euro backed off on amounts here.  Looks like things may be trending a little east.  I'll be happy if we can muster an inch out of this.

Big temp range across Iowa.  82 in the southeast corner, and 48 out in the northwest.

Wow, I did not realize the spread was that large today.  Tomorrow, the Euro has part of western Iowa stuck in the low 40s all day, with wind.  I'm not ready for that stuff.

43 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about a colder than average November.  Not having an all out torch would be a start.

This. If we're going to crank up the heat, might as well be this time of year.  

1-2º above average, overall, in November would actually be pretty decent. An endless string of +10-20º departures would get pretty old, though.

58 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about a colder than average November.  Not having an all out torch would be a start.

I would bet on a warm beginning of November just because of a continuation of late October which looks warm and locked in at this point on long range projections. Usually in La Ninas though the flip is dramatic, and I would expect it to happen around Nov 10-15th

18 hours ago, Stebo said:

I would bet on a warm beginning of November just because of a continuation of late October which looks warm and locked in at this point on long range projections. Usually in La Ninas though the flip is dramatic, and I would expect it to happen around Nov 10-15th

Actually looking at the longer range MJO, going into next month the change might come sooner than I originally thought, especially if the MJO takes up a position in phase 5 at a high magnitude like some of the current projections show.

Archived