Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined

Recommended Posts

Just now, DixieBlizzard said:

No worries! Glenn Burns is all over it! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

lol...omg..i saw him yesterday for the first time in forever and holy hell it was painful.  i swear it's everything i can do not to just start yelling profanities the moment he starts talking.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lookout said:

lol...omg..i saw him yesterday for the first time in forever and holy hell it was painful.  i swear it's everything i can do not to just start yelling profanities the moment he starts talking.

I don't think I ever laughed so hard after he started predicting pop-up thunderstorms on his new in-house model and your subsequent rants. Anyway, it's getting a little breezier here in Ellijay but so far I think the Cohuttas have cut into our wind speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WXinCanton said:

61mph gust at Hartsfield

 

Pretty impressive to have it so soon.....had my first 50mph gust a little while, ago.....top so far is 54 and that was with pretty light rain falling.  I'm about to get into a very impressive band/heavy returns ...gonna be interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting the wind for sure but I'm not seeing 3-4 inches of rain out of this. The darker yellow and orange bands seem to dissipate as the enter the upstate..at least the nw corner. Same would apply for NEGa it looks like. I was thinking the mountains would help enhance bit this isn't a normal situation I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Pretty impressive to have it so soon.....had my first 50mph gust a little while, ago.....top so far is 54 and that was with pretty light rain falling.  I'm about to get into a very impressive band/heavy returns ...gonna be interesting

Peak here about 35 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Peak here about 35 so far.

The field the wind is coming across here is about 1/4 of a mile long (1/3rd mile to the ESE) and my house is on  top of a small hill in comparison to boot.  Fortunately, all my trees are on the southern/western end of my yard..

Hartsfield is now sustained at 38 mph...impressive...gusting to 53. 

edit...Winds gusting to 48 at anderson last hour. now more than 500,000 without power 

edit again..meanwhile in rome and northwest ga in general..winds are only about 10 to 15 mph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lookout said:

The field the wind is coming across here is about 1/4 of a mile long (1/3rd mile to the ESE) and my house is on  top of a small hill in comparison to boot.  Fortunately, all my trees are on the southern/western end of my yard..

Hartsfield is now sustained at 38 mph...impressive...gusting to 53. 

edit...Winds gusting to 48 at anderson last hour. now more than 500,000 without power 

edit again..meanwhile in rome and northwest ga in general..winds are only about 10 to 15 mph 

They just had a break in on our local news (wyff4) and they showed a model that had sustained winds here and your way, at 25-35 mph this evening, gusts to 50mph! That would be crazy to have 35 sustained! Now it's almost calm between 20-30 gusts! The bands have the strongest winds, but as mentioned, as the bands approach, they are falling apart. Would be shocked if I got more than an inch of rain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sctvman said:

There are reports that the Folly Boat on Folly Beach has floated away. That has been there since Hurricane Hugo.

Just saw a picture on twitter that confirms...:

 

boat 1.jpg

boat 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Folly Boat is still there, on someone's dock. This is California Dreaming, a waterfront restaurant in West Ashley.

IMG_5377.PNG

Wow, that's a little over a mile away from here

 

We just had the second area of rotation pass over here, but somehow haven't lost power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To a non-local it's hard to tell what's going on with that restaurant because of the boats nearby. How much higher than usual is the water?

Edit: Found this reference photo.

California_Dreaming_Charleston_DSC7135.j

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

They just had a break in on our local news (wyff4) and they showed a model that had sustained winds here and your way, at 25-35 mph this evening, gusts to 50mph! That would be crazy to have 35 sustained! Now it's almost calm between 20-30 gusts! The bands have the strongest winds, but as mentioned, as the bands approach, they are falling apart. Would be shocked if I got more than an inch of rain!

Winds are sustained here at 20 to 25mph consistently....had a gust to 58 a little while ago ...and it just blew down one of my oaks....somehow it didn't actually bust through the shed. 

athens had a gust to 52. hartsfield with a sustained 43mph wind with gust to 59 a little while ago. 

20170911_145710.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×