Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

So confused? Sarcasm sux for laymen.

Winter is here, we enjoy.

I wouldn’t sweat any fluctuations in individual ens runs. It is still more good than bad, whats happens in 20 days who knows....but it will moderate. No one with a brain in SNE expects -5C with snow overhead for 4 months straight. Leo just worries, all the time.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Leo, my earlier post had nothing to do with the ensemble. It was beyond that.

The models continue to swing back to more Nina so I expect some fluctuations. I would not be surprised if we trend a little warmer....but I do not see anything alarming. 

He’s gonna read this post as winters over.

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

He’s gonna read this post as winters over.

It's amazing. This forum would make a good mental experiment. People read what they want to read.

I'm just being honest with my posts. It's not always gonna be cold and snow. That's not how it works near our latitude early in the season. I think we will see more dateline ridging, troughing in NW Canada, and nao breaking down heading into December. Wild card would be if we can keep the SW U.S. In some ridging. This would keep Pacific puke away and keep a cooler pattern. I also mentioned the MJO with another wave maybe making the rounds? But dam, folks really need to keep the time of year in mind.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's amazing. This forum would make a good mental experiment. People read what they want to read.

I'm just being honest with my posts. It's not always gonna be cold and snow. That's not how it works near our latitude early in the season. I think we will see more dateline ridging, troughing in NW Canada, and nao breaking down heading into December. Wild card would be if we can keep the SW U.S. In some ridging. This would keep Pacific puke away and keep a cooler pattern. I also mentioned the MJO with another wave maybe making the rounds? But dam, folks really need to keep the time of year in mind.

Stop being a debbie. And it used to when our great grandfathers were young. 

1 hour ago, WxBlue said:

That'd be a very excellent pattern for the Southeast if we're in January.

We'll have to see if that Great Lakes low will end up tracking further south and east to follow that upper air pattern, as DT himself stated.

The southeast up until like January 5 is like NYC til 12/5 or so.  It's insanely hard to get a major winter weather even in places like BNA ATL CLT before then.  There are only a handful of snow events in December at any of those stations surprisingly 

9 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The southeast up until like January 5 is like NYC til 12/5 or so.  It's insanely hard to get a major winter weather even in places like BNA ATL CLT before then.  There are only a handful of snow events in December at any of those stations surprisingly 

Living in NC for a decade, we only scored in December once that I can remember... 12/26/2010. The cold source that isn't too dry is simply not available for a good winter weather until January, even if you get -NAO, -AO, +PNA, and the 50/50 low in the right location. Now... I wonder if this is a great pattern for the Northeast in late November simply because everything is further north (especially the cold and the storm track). That's a different story and the one I'm not yet familiar with. Probably still too early here, but we'll have to see!

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Everyone seems to be hearing anecdotals of snow up to the willy before T-Day. 

I really remember just 2002 when the football game was played on a snowy field from the night before. 

Obviously 1989 was good too for RI, but I don't have specific memories of that one. 

Then up here we got slammed pretty good in 2011. 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I really remember just 2002 when the football game was played on a snowy field from the night before. 

Obviously 1989 was good too for RI, but I don't have specific memories of that one. 

Then up here we got slammed pretty good in 2011. 

Thanksgiving 2002 was a bit of a toaster bath in my hood in Marshfield. I did get an inch or so at the end, but 5 miles west had like 5-6" In fact that winter until Feb was sort of tough on the coast. Then we disrobed in Feb into early March. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Thanksgiving 2002 was a bit of a toaster bath in my hood in Marshfield. I did get an inch or so at the end, but 5 miles west had like 5-6" In fact that winter until Feb was sort of tough on the coast. Then we disrobed in Feb into early March. 

Year after I graduated, so I didn't get to enjoy playing in those conditions. But PVD had 5.8"

Archived