Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

35,000?!  We should have a NW thread gtg there...well, most of us...oh hell, it’s Christmas, we should invite our favorite Bronx hose handler as well.  

That's the spirit! It'll be just like the Christmas truce of 1914 except even more unlikely.

My yard does pale in comparison to these guys just down the road from me but many strangers stop and say they like mine better simply on account of not being seizure inducing, lol

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

That's the spirit! It'll be just like the Christmas truce of 1914 except even more unlikely.

My yard does pale in comparison to these guys just down the road from me but many strangers stop and say they like mine better simply on account of not being seizure inducing, lol

I’ve seen those guys before, it was nice but I wasn’t blown out of my boots. Here’s a great song about the Christmas truce if you don’t already know it:

Well it looks like my concern was mostly unwarranted. I'll go out and check in a few minutes but eyeballing it gives me ~3". 

edit: My eyeballs are old and no good - The ruler says 1.8" on elevated surfaces and 1" or less over slush on the lawn. The ground is super warm after the last few days and this stuff is turning to mush in a hurry. Instant compaction too, especially in the sun.

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I’ve seen those guys before, it was nice but I wasn’t blown out of my boots. Here’s a great song about the Christmas truce if you don’t already know it:

I hadn't heard that before, very cool. Thanks and merry Christmas! :) 

That last band packed quite a punch and I ended up with 3" even. Super pretty stuff for Christmas morning but like you say, the wind is already starting to knock it down from trees.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I hadn't heard that before, very cool. Thanks and merry Christmas! :) 

That last band packed quite a punch and I ended up with 3" even. Super pretty stuff for Christmas morning but like you say, the wind is already starting to knock it down from trees.  

I have a live version of that song where he tells a story of playing this in Europe and German soldiers showing up to his show just to hear this song, pretty cool. Merry Christmas to you and yours and everyone else who may read this! A nice squall moving through here now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight looks like a better chance for most of us to crack 0. Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be a mite chilly :)  I'll tell ya, my clutch was an unhappy car part this morning for the first mile or so until everything warmed up. I wish I had a garage :( On the upside, there is definitely something to be said for cold, dry pavement and the right tires on a good sports car :)  I had all sortsa fun last night and this morning :bike:

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018