Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

1 minute ago, snywx said:

lol.. It was 29° w/ freezing fog last night with absolutely no ice around. I go out to my driveway around 7am and down I went. Assuming no ice is no bueno lol

I had ice in the driveway at 5pm last night so I was very cautious this morning but still surprised nonetheless that it was still there this morning 

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

So from what I see @gravitylover, @UlsterCountySnowZ, and @snywx all fell and busted their asses today...hey guys...let’s be careful out there!

Thankfully I didn't even think to put my hands out so no fukkered up wrists :)  Warm rain most of the day and night tonight so tomorrow morning should be safe. 

I don't know what to make of those maps posted above. One has me solidly in the wet the other has me white but in the light slot. Guess I'll just make sure I have beer and it'll be what it'll be. 

GFS is juicy tomorrow night... half an inch of liquid for most of us. Still looks like a relatively dense snowfall so shoot for 10:1 to 12:1, which nonetheless opens up the door to a 6" jackpot. Seems slightly overdone with how late the secondary low blossoms relative to our latitude. I envision most of us picking up a general 2-3" from late evening through the wee hours, then 1-2" in a short period when that modeled mesoscale band pivots through between 5 and 7 am. 3-5" seems good to me from a forecasting and personal preference standpoint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Mtn NY said:

No continuity between Upton snow map and Mt. Holly's. I think they knee jerked, backing off after the 0z Nam, GFS, while 06z came back with more QPF

BGM has 4-6" throughout Pike/Sullivan Counties, Mt Holly has 4-6" in Sussex & Upton has 2" for Orange county lol.. I like 3-4" with 5"  where this squall does its most damage. 

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Nothing here yet, but still enjoyed a nice Christmas lights jebwalk around my yard to admire my work on the decorations this year. Up over 35,000 lights and managed to keep everything shipshape right up until the big day. Life is good :thumbsup:

35,000?!  We should have a NW thread gtg there...well, most of us...oh hell, it’s Christmas, we should invite our favorite Bronx hose handler as well.  

• Haha 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018