Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe weather risk 3-26-17

cheese007

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was camped out in Bridgeport, TX earlier... headed S on 114 to Paradise... storm looked decent on radar and was pretty.  I think folks are right about the high LCLs factoring in however. 

paradiseTX.jpg.b543842f566829ebf889dda569241bec.jpg

Headed back down 114 to the intersection with I35W at TX motor speedway... shortly thereafter this was bearing down and a TOR was dropped on it right around the time of the pic... caught my attention for sure.  Passed just NW and I did not observe a funnel.

northlake_TOR.thumb.jpg.c7d26911b5f1a224660786383d06e81f.jpg

Frisco and Plano were absolutely destroyed on April 11th of last year with hail golf ball to softball sized, and here it comes again. McKinney got lucky then, now it doesn't look like they'll escape. Many homes there still have not been repaired from last year's event.

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 930 PM CDT
FOR EASTERN DENTON AND COLLIN COUNTIES...

At 830 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was approaching Frisco, moving
east at 35 mph.

This is a very dangerous storm!  Seek immediate shelter!

HAZARD...Baseball size hail and 65 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...People and animals outdoors will be severely injured.
         Expect shattered windows, extensive damage to roofs,
         siding, and vehicles.

This severe storm will be near...
  Plano, McKinney and Prosper around 840 PM CDT.
  Allen and Parker around 850 PM CDT.
  Fairview and Lucas around 855 PM CDT.

damn, the north end of the metroplex is getting clobbered, and the south end of the metroplex looks like it'll get hit down in Hillsboro and maybe even Corsicana. and one other cell worth watching out of all of this near US 281 and US 84, heading it looks like initially, parallel but just south of US 84 heading to and area between Waco and Temple. just wonder how much the southern cell will hold up as it nears i-35 south of the split.

30 minutes ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

Holy crap, this is by far the most people ive ever seen trying to crowd under an overpass. This is just stupid... 

I've came across a scene like that chasing here in Oklahoma. It was pouring rain and small hail. Luckily, I wasn't driving too fast, but could barely see them with all the rain. Myself and other chasers had to lay on horn for what seemed like a minute to get someone to move so we could get through.  People are stupid.

Archived