Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More effective phasing has really done this in for far western areas.  The bigger totals in buf and southern ontario were predicated on the lakes shortwave staying a robust and mainly separate entity.  Ive watched the models decrease qpf over southern ontario over the past few days as the coastal intensified and came back west.  Roc and especially east of roc will do well since they get the coastal and lake enhancement goods.  

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Guys calm down for one buf radar is out and having issues. This is expanding westward now

I'm looking at radars and satellites. I just dont see it happening.  The pivot point is near Syracuse, not much will make it further west.  We can all stop looking at models and look at whats really happening now. 

9 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think we can stick a fork in this one synoptically for Rochester.  Lake Enhanced snow is our only chance to hit double digits now.  

I disagree...everything is pivoting to the NW and eventually westward...if you look at the TYK radar, you can see the returns blossoming just to the east of ROC and moving westward...

and the intense returns over SE PA are detaching from the "circular" returns of earlier....many of the SREF members had this zooming up through CNY....I'm watching that closely...could lay down a quick 8" over a couple hours....

And for the record, I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, its just not ideal for Anyone Rochester West.  I took off tomorrow in preparation for snowboarding some amazing powder.  I had plans to hit up either Bristol or Greek Peak.  It's looking like Greek Peak will be off the charts!  Sucks I have to make the longer drive though. 

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

I disagree...everything is pivoting to the NW and eventually westward...if you look at the KYX radar, you can see the returns blossoming just to the east of ROC and moving westward...

and the intense returns over SE PA are detaching from the "circular" returns of earlier....many of the SREF members had this zooming up through CNY....I'm watching that closely...could lay down a quick 8" over a couple hours....

This is one of those odd scenarios where I will gladly be wrong if we can get dumped on, I'm really hoping youre right.  I do see a nice push westward on the montague radar, just can't tell if its too little too late.  

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Yeah we'll be lucky to break 6" at BUF with this one, what a bust. Skies are super light here and can see pokes of sun peaking through with flurries falling. 

This ain't no LES lol, it will take time trust me man when all set and done BUF records close to a foot.

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This is one of those odd scenarios where I will gladly be wrong if we can get dumped on, I'm really hoping youre right.  I do see a nice push westward on the montague radar, just can't tell if its too little too late.  

Here's Syracuse's channel 9 locally owned radar....pretty good, except their animations stink!!  It's located in SW Onondaga Co. in the hills...shows some of the bands moving toward ROC....

http://www.localsyr.com/livedoppler9

Archived