Newest Member
    joxey
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

At 96hrs, the Ukmet has the surface low situated just to the south east of Mobile, Alabama.  The GFS has the surface low well off the coast of NC at this time. Still lots to be ironed out here.

So yeah it's slower, but sharper than the GFS with the wave over the SE.  Looks good if it's cold enough.  Sfc low pretty far south there

1 minute ago, griteater said:

So yeah it's slower, but sharper than the GFS with the wave over the SE.  Looks good if it's cold enough.  Sfc low pretty far south there

CMC on the slower side like the UK.  Looks warmer from the crap maps I have. 

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The main center is still way up in Canada.  That might be a problem.

We can still have hybrid or in situ. They're not great. But we're not in a situation where the high is scooting off the coast right as the storm comes. It'll be there for the duration, though the main part will be further away than we'd like. I've also seen trends where the NE node of the high gets stronger and stronger.

1 minute ago, WidreMann said:

We can still have hybrid or in situ. They're not great. But we're not in a situation where the high is scooting off the coast right as the storm comes. It'll be there for the duration, though the main part will be further away than we'd like. I've also seen trends where the NE node of the high gets stronger and stronger.

That would be what we need here...desperately.

Just now, WidreMann said:

Yep, models do tend to underdo the strength of the cold in these setups typically....the 00Z CMC run is a disaster lol...

12Z.....niceCMC 12.png

Current 00Z...ouch CMC 00.png

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

So we got a non-March climo-type system, coming in at a weird angle, a high pressure center way up in Canada, super duper warm SSTs, and are in the jackpot snow zone on the clown maps 84 hours out.  Oh, and it's mid-March.  Lol, I'm going to bed.

Go to bed Cold Rain.  You're like a TV Met that uses logic in your forecasting.

7 minutes ago, Cary_Snow95 said:

HOLY

via other forum

IMG_6031.JPG

Seen this before.....probably 18 or so of these panels gives MBY 6"+......same thing happened back in Jan and ended up with 8 hrs of 32 and rain and then 10 hrs of light sleet an snizzle for a total of 1.5" of sleet. Still taken in its totality with the other models I actually feel optimistic to see more out of this event than I got back in Jan....

56 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Seen this before.....probably 18 or so of these panels gives MBY 6"+......same thing happened back in Jan and ended up with 8 hrs of 32 and rain and then 10 hrs of light sleet an snizzle for a total of 1.5" of sleet. Still taken in its totality with the other models I actually feel optimistic to see more out of this event than I got back in Jan....

I was going to say, this is setting up to be just like Jan.7th. All the models showed North Central NC as the bullseye, and then a day or 2 before the storm, it trended North, back towards south central Va. But there are a lot of panels that are in agreement with each other on this run.

Archived