• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

March 2017 obs

Heavy rain. Under a flash flood watch. Big island under a winter storm warning for up to a foot of snow.

15+ inches of rain have already fallen to the north of here on the windward side using radar estimates.

2 hours ago, tarheelwx said:

I know it snows a lot there, but are blizzard warnings fairly common?  If so, how often generally speaking?

Not common but more often than we get in these parts.  This was just three months ago.  I'm not sure if it was ever upgraded to a blizzard warning but I sure would have traded it for our December. 

NWS: Hawaii Snow Forecast 12/2/2016

The Winter Storm Warning calls for "HEAVY SNOW... BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND FREEZING FOG. NEW ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY. " I would not be at all surprised to see that upgraded to a Blizzard Warning, which happened in 2007. Their text forecast adds up to a total of 22 to 32 inches, and mentions thunder and wind gusts to 47 mph and predicts snow every day for the next week!

1 hour ago, Isopycnic said:

0.86" so far this eve. This equals all the rain I received last month.

Nice, still raining here so no measuremt yet, but I did total up Feb totals and we got 1.56" here

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
1008 PM EST WED MAR 01 2017

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE TIED AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 80 DEGREES WAS TIED AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 80 SET IN 1997.

8 hours ago, Avdave said:

Nice, still raining here so no measuremt yet, but I did total up Feb totals and we got 1.56" here

0.95" storm total at the homestead.

Went below freezing at 11pm last night and it was 27 when I left for work.  I just saw that FFC has me in a freeze warning for tonight at 30 degrees but nothing for last night.  Great logic.

Thought I might make a run at lower 20s this morning but not quite. Only got down to 25. Had a good 8-10 hours below freezing, maybe it zapped a few mosquitoes. Had never seen mosquitoes in Feb before...

37º this morning; 70º now - couldn't ask for better unless it was 26º this morning and 31º now and snowing - but what a pipe dream .... :mapsnow:

30 this morning. 1st time below freezing in several weeks. Cool day today with cold breeze all day. Never got above 50.

Just checked and this morning was our first time below 32 since February 10. Amazing.

RAH is practicing for the time change. It's currently 3:20PM EST. The grid page for my location:

Last update 9 Mar 4:10 pm EDT

2 minutes ago, Solak said:

RAH is practicing for the time change. It's currently 3:20PM EST. The grid page for my location:

Last update 9 Mar 4:10 pm EDT

Confidence in the time forecast is below average.

Under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch, Flash flood watch, Flash Flood warning, and Winter storm warning. Not directly here for the winter storm warning obviously, but the Big Island.

Huge storm to the north of us dropping massive amounts of rain up to 4 inches per hour.