joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

GFS has amped up tomorrow evening's event pretty good, qpf wise....for much of CNY....

There's an event tomorrow night?

looks like you Lpool guys are gonna cash in.  Up here in no-man's land, maybe an inch or so. 

We will probably end up with two main bands around here, one down in Lpool the other to my north in Fulton, just to,spite me further. ;)

The latest GFS is just comical TBH. A NW flow LES event, followed by a potent clipper that goes to far north for Buffalo, Followed by a low pressure that goes to far south, followed by another clipper with a NW flow to far north. Gotta love it. I see less then 3" of snow for the next 10 days for Buffalo followed by a warmup. ^_^

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The latest GFS is just comical TBH. A NW flow LES event, followed by a potent clipper that goes to far north for Buffalo, Followed by a low pressure that goes to far south, followed by another clipper with a NW flow to far north. Gotta love it. ^_^

I cant imagine Sunday into Mondays event ends up like that, but if it did, that would be cruel to WNY for sure!

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Even over the Lake it looks steady state just to our South, lol!

I've got my ~1"...to match my 1" from yesterday...I'm content now.  Time to hit the hay as it's #gameover here. Maybe I'll enjoy an effed up commute in Syracuse tomorrow morning. ;)

IMG_1420.JPG

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The latest GFS is just comical TBH. A NW flow LES event, followed by a potent clipper that goes to far north for Buffalo, Followed by a low pressure that goes to far south, followed by another clipper with a NW flow to far north. Gotta love it. I see less then 3" of snow for the next 10 days for Buffalo followed by a warmup. ^_^

It's been an unbelievably horrible winter for BUF and the northtowns. Thank god I work in Hamburg and caught a few decent events as well as that huge 2 feet in 8 hour storm. I think I'm sitting somewhere between 40-45" on the season and can't retain a snowpack enough just to cover the grass for more then a couple days. This winter has been unbelievably bad. Was so excited to move back to Buffalo from RI and now RI picked up 16" today and they're staring down the barrel of another 2-3 storms possibly within the next week. Just an absolute disgrace of a winter here. I could see how KBUF could land up under 50" for the season which is just epically terrible. At this point I'd honestly rather just warm up into the 50s like most of January was. Put us out of our fricken misery already, it's still only February but this is beyond pathetic! We can't get a synoptic storm to save our lives and all lake effect is NW and when the scattered bands do approach Buffalo metro they just choke out. That's another thing that I find so strange and maybe it's just my selective memory but I seem to remember even just 5 or so years ago that even when we had a NW flow the metro area used to often cash in on at least a solid few inches sometimes even more like 6-8" of arctic fluff in a few hours). I feel like it's so hard for us to even catch a flurry now a days. Just surreal. I may be taking a trip back to Rhode Island soon to catch some snow. How pathetic.

9 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

It's been an unbelievably horrible winter for BUF and the northtowns. Thank god I work in Hamburg and caught a few decent events as well as that huge 2 feet in 8 hour storm. I think I'm sitting somewhere between 40-45" on the season and can't retain a snowpack enough just to cover the grass for more then a couple days. This winter has been unbelievably bad. Was so excited to move back to Buffalo from RI and now RI picked up 16" today and they're staring down the barrel of another 2-3 storms possibly within the next week. Just an absolute disgrace of a winter here. I could see how KBUF could land up under 50" for the season which is just epically terrible. At this point I'd honestly rather just warm up into the 50s like most of January was. Put us out of our fricken misery already, it's still only February but this is beyond pathetic! We can't get a synoptic storm to save our lives and all lake effect is NW and when the scattered bands do approach Buffalo metro they just choke out. That's another thing that I find so strange and maybe it's just my selective memory but I seem to remember even just 5 or so years ago that even when we had a NW flow the metro area used to often cash in on at least a solid few inches sometimes even more like 6-8" of arctic fluff in a few hours). I feel like it's so hard for us to even catch a flurry now a days. Just surreal. I may be taking a trip back to Rhode Island soon to catch some snow. How pathetic.

Haha yeah man. It's the worst winter I can remember for the city of Buffalo and points north. They used to get 10-20" a year off of NW flows over the course of a winter, now the bands come and disappear. And the LES earlier in the year hit the city and go right back south. I don't think they've had one synoptic storm yet this year over 4". Like I said earlier most of the Northeast will beat Buffalos snow total, they will have the least amount of average snow out of anyone in the great lakes/Northeast this year. It's been a decent year for the hills and ski country though, they are above normal thanks to all the NW flow events this year. I've yet to see a year with more NW flows than this one.

Band looks like it is starting to solidify with >1"/hr rates becoming more and more common a good bet. Cortland and Chenango should be added to advisory and I'm still thinking those favored hills west and south of syr see atleast 6-12 out of this. BGM is going to be playing from behind all night me thinks

10 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Roc getting into band good now. That's one sick looking streamer forming over lake.

Getting hit hard just North of Kroc in Irondequoit. 1/10 mile visibility. Not a whole lot accumulated yet. But at this rate of 1"-2"/hr. It shouldn't take long. 

Thd band looks real healthy. Hopefully we'll be at the 'pivot' point- where it stops, stalls, and then moves back east. 

Archived