• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I haven't seen todays 12Z Euro but last nights 00Z was a very nice run for the Northeast as a whole with the jackpot being SNE, lol, what else is new!!  

Anyway it looks like the band is taking shape in a nice orientation for KSYR if it stays this way which it won't, lol, and I can say that with certainty, as I've seen this one two many times.  Looks good so far that's all I can say for now. Good luck to everybody in between KROC to Oswego. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing that it is , is super cold as I'm at 13f and with 850's approaching -20C, there will be extreme instability and a GB connection will mitigate the negative effects of meager moisture and we should not be affected by the Feb Sun angle, lol!, or diurnal effects.  Its gonna come down to residence time of the band in 1 particular spot so we'll see.  So far N-C Onondaga Cty looks prime for a few hrs.

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

If the trajectory of the band coming off Georgian Bay is any indication it appears aimed at Oswego Country. I think the band is going to be further north than originally progged. 

I agree, but nonetheless, this band will be moving around quite a bit overnight, and fairly short lived.  I think N. Onondaga Co. will get smacked a good bit between 12am and 3am, then it will settle south into SW Onondaga Co.  A solid 3-6 inches for many....a few 8 or 9" totals for the higher hills W, SW, and S of SYR....

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

If the trajectory of the band coming off Georgian Bay is any indication it appears aimed at Oswego Country. I think the band is going to be further north than originally progged. 

Nah, that's headed right for where its developing.  It was never progged from any models to be anywhere near Oswego cty except for maybe the extreme southern part, where you are, but I can be wrong so lets see what happens.  Either way you slice this event, Oswego County will be affected for sure!

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

I agree, but nonetheless, this band will be moving around quite a bit overnight, and fairly short lived.  I think N. Onondaga Co. will get smacked a good bit between 12am and 3am, then it will settle south into SW Onondaga Co.  A solid 3-6 inches for many....a few 8 or 9" totals for the higher hills W, SW, and S of SYR....

The trajectory looks good to me but that won't last long, lol!

19 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Ggem may be the best les model we have lol

IMG_0525.PNG

14 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

S+ for the past 1/2hr or so but haven't checked yet if there's any accumulation!  Pounding snow here just north of Onondaga lake!

Probably 1/2"-3/4" here in last 30-45 mins...right on border...decent flake size but a mix of smaller and large dendrites. Actually, let up for now, it's a bit cellular, comes and goes in intensity.

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

The band coming off GB is already sagging Southward and it should start seeding the band that has developed over the area.  Looks like the RGEM nailed the position of this one so far but lets see how it develops and moves through the course of the night.

It's already seeding the band.....If you look at IR imagery you can see it.....what I think is more important is that there is a new plume connecting with L. Superior....it is on the northern shore of Geo. Bay which extends to the northern L. Ontario shore....it is what is just starting to generate upslope snows on the Tug....  If that can develop a bit (which no model shows) it should help to keep the main band over N. Onondaga county a bit longer.  I think chances are increasing that the meso's of this morning, having this west of Onondaga county, are going to bust too far to the SW.....RGEM shows, what I think is a better placement...

3 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

It's already seeding the band.....If you look at IR imagery you can see it.....what I think is more important is that there is a new plume connecting with L. Superior....it is on the northern shore of Geo. Bay which extends to the northern L. Ontario shore....it is what is just starting to generate upslope snows on the Tug....  If that can develop a bit (which no model shows) it should help to keep the main band over N. Onondaga county a bit longer.  I think chances are increasing that the meso's of this morning, having this west of Onondaga county, are going to bust too far to the SW.....RGEM shows, what I think is a better placement...

Now thats what I'm talking bout.

Archived