Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I will say Roch to Syracuse look to be in a better spot for the next few clippers. I think Buffalo sees very little snow the next 2 weeks. 

Agreed on the snow. I'm not saying Feb. will end below normal on temps, just the 2nd half...and on into Mar.

57 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I might even wager to say Boston finishes with more snow than Buffalo this year. Might be the first time ever?

Only once since 99-00 and that was in 2012-13 [BOS = 63.4, BUF = 58.8]. Almost happened a 2nd time in 2014-15 when BOS recorded what I think was its all-time record snowfall for single season at 110.6, however BUF finished just slightly higher at 112.9 that year.

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Only once since 99-00 and that was in 2012-13 [BOS = 63.4, BUF = 58.8]. Almost happened a 2nd time the following year in 2013-14 when BOS recorded what I think was its all-time record snowfall for single season at 110.6, however BUF finished just slightly higher at 112.9 that year.

Good stuff, thanks for the research.

6 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

A bit board today so went all the way back to the beginning of records which is 1892 for KBOS and 1894 for KBUF per NWS historical data. Here is the results...

BUF vs. BOS.PNG

I usually don't count the data before 1940 when it was recorded on the lakeshore. But good stuff nonetheless.

After easing up earlier, moderate to sometimes heavy snow continues here in Guilderland, NY west of ALB.  Some mini-band has set up shop over the area.  Not sure if part of that is due to the Hudson-Mohawk Convergence that is sometimes seen around here with departing nor'easters.  Closing in on 12".  Hoping the better trends continue for Sunday night here too!

1 minute ago, Stash said:

After easing up earlier, moderate to sometimes heavy snow continues here in Guilderland, NY west of ALB.  Some mini-band has set up shop over the area.  Not sure if part of that is due to the Hudson-Mohawk Convergence that is sometimes seen around here with departing nor'easters.  Closing in on 12".  Hoping the better trends continue for Sunday night here too!

I saw that really nice band over you this morning, was wondering your total. Good stuff!

24 minutes ago, Stash said:

Good to hear!  Not good for my snowfall contest 4cast for KALB but i'll make it up by having lowballed HYA and BOS a bit. ;)

BGM BLIZZARD what was your total for the event? Also, be careful posting these images as they are not permitted, unless of course your in the guru thread, that being the New England thread, lol!  But you did state it was from that thread so no worries I suppose as I've gotten reprimanded like a child before for doing so, lol. I've gotten some great info from that thread though, as there are some really talented forecasters who post in there, on a regular.

Just now, BGM Blizzard said:

For the synoptic storm that moved through this morning? I got between 5.5 and 6.0 down here.

Very nice, as I got just under 2, lol!  Its almost comical now as almost every event finds a way to either rain, or mix and when its all snow, its to either to our NW or our SE, lol, and we just can't seem to break this horrific pattern.  The Clipper tomorrow looks interesting as well but its void of moisture which most clippers are, but it'll keep the ambiance of Winter at least.  I just hope the models trending South for the Sunday and Monday event is refreshing to hear even if it is for only 12hrs until the next model suite. I dont really count in between runs so, but that's just me.

4 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I gotta say, this map looks spot on as it covers KROC ---KSYR and a,ll of wayne county which I highly doubt that occurs unless its more of a spray nut I don't see that happening.

NWS just clipped point and click fcst totals by about 75%. Went from 4-6 to 1-3 for tonight in Irondequoit. I don't like the higher winds. Too little subsistence time over short fetch. 

Lots of time for Sunday's event. Disco gave us the classic 'Stay tuned'

It looks to me, from a redar point of view, that the BL flow looks to be more NNW than a true NW flow so this flow would in fact favor places along the South Shore I would think so I guess we'll see if the winds veer enough that we get in on the action but they don't necessarily have to so we'll see where this band sets up.

Archived