• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

From WFO RAH's twitter account, that's about a 2K' layer above freezing, more than enough to melt snow.  With decent rates you can overcome a shallow layer but this is just too much at the moment.  

"135 am... Our pals from the NC State sounding club launched a RAOB ~6Z which had a ~75mb warm layer with a max temperature of ~2.3 C."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Gonna have to stay awake for this to roll through. That one we just had put on a show. Same areas look like they are gonna get trained tonight, almost like summertime storms.

Ya... this band has to be 2"+ an hour. I gave up on keeping my drive and porch treated and snow free.

7 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

Congrats to those in the Carolinas seeing snow. Best of luck the rest of the night. We call dibs on the next storm for Georgia 

25 degrees

Forgot dibs on the next storm.  There needs to be no more WAA hindering things north of a line from Montgomery to Macon with storms affecting Birmingham and Atlanta.  These cities are always getting the warped sides of these Gulf Lows.  

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Yellow isn't suppose to show up in concert with snow on a radar

10rvkhg.gif

That band just missed me to the south. It looked intense on radar as it passed. Another one looking a little farther north. Hope it will come through my little neck of the woods. It's been a constant snow for a while but no real big flakes. I can't complain though since it's been all snow here. 

16 minutes ago, griteater said:

Somebody must be asleep in Norman, OK if there's no mesoscale discussion out for this snow here

Yo Grit!! How goes it Brother? Hoping you cashed in with some good snow. I was in SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE of the warm nose in Belmont (a few miles south of I-85). We have had PREDOMINATELY ip/rain with snow every now and then. We had a few bursts of mainly snow, however, it ALWAYS had ip mixed in. Got a dusting on the cars, yard, etc. I have been tracking storms since the WRIGHT WEATHER BOARD Days of the late 90's, to Eastern Wx to American and I must say...THIS STORM STINGS THE MOST. To see EVERYONE around you gaining accumulations and to be under that warm bubble. I may hang this up after this one. HA. I want to say THANK YOU for all of your input to us all. GREAT JOB man!

Best regards, 

Jason 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived