Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

It's a psychological thing that people do.  It is a dicey situation which could develop but we won't know till like Thursday.  Odds are against it but they aren't astronomical, especially at this time of the year.

Oh I know. Lurked here, Eastern, and Ne.weather long enough to recognize the signs of hopeful denial...lol.  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hazey said:

A few from the 0z gefs for Friday

A few for Sunday as well

I agree there are some amped GEFS members. But the ECENS supported OTS. I just would rather people describe the model output in a way that is consistent with the model output. It seems to be a recurring issue with certain posters.

4 minutes ago, 512high said:

Ray , I know in your blog you said that January is going to be a good month for snow chances........you thinking later January??

I didn't anticipate it being confined to the latter portion, no. I don't think Feb will be a good month.

The pattern may prove good in January, but we still miss out. It happens...would still impact my outlook, though.

I like March and Jan....Dec normal, lackluster Feb with PV lifting toward AK.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Running out of time on the Friday event....Sunday doesn't look very good either but still some time to try and sharpen the east wall of that trough.

When you say "sharpen the east wall: of the trough are you referring to more of a negatively tilted trough where this shows that's its kind of flat?

2017-01-03 11_08_42-WeatherBELL Models _ Premium Weather Maps - Internet Explorer.png

2 minutes ago, db306 said:

When you say "sharpen the east wall: of the trough are you referring to more of a negatively tilted trough where this shows that's its kind of flat?

2017-01-03 11_08_42-WeatherBELL Models _ Premium Weather Maps - Internet Explorer.png

Yeah except you got the wrong trough I was referring to...that's the Friday event, and the one where sharpening the east wall of the trough is more realistic is the Sat night/Sunday event. Friday had a decent chance yesterday, but it has trended worse with the main s/w and too much downstream interference, so at this point, I'd prob focus on Sat night/Sunday.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah except you got the wrong trough I was referring to...that's the Friday event, and the one where sharpening the east wall of the trough is more realistic is the Sat night/Sunday event. Friday had a decent chance yesterday, but it has trended worse with the main s/w and too much downstream interference, so at this point, I'd prob focus on Sat night/Sunday.

Ok...thanks for clarifying!!

You know, after seeing this inverted trough thing combined with the whole dual low structure and the almost due east movement, it almost makes me think its a timing issue. Like the Op is visually depicting what the ensemble members are showing. If you look at the 0z gefs images I posted earlier, you can see some ramped up solutions but also some timing discrepancies. Could be the OP is reflecting those issues in its run. Point being, would not shock me to see the Friday system ramp up quickly. 

Archived