Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

20 hours ago, Chinook said:

TNWeathernut: what is your avatar? A great day of -NAO, a great day of -AO, and/or a 500mb analysis of a great storm for the TN valley? Today, we have nearly connected ridges in Greenland and the Yukon, similar to your avatar.

Hey Chinook, I wish it was something of significance pertaining to a great period of our past, but in reality it was a model forecast from a prior year (can't remember when exactly) that didn't verify..... like so many periods of blocking from the last several years.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, John1122 said:

Canadian did pretty well for us, good precip shield with wave one and light snow continues through the day Friday as the low moves through the Gulf. Ratio'd out to this.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

as long as everyone south of me gets screwed, I'm happy... j/k, j/k...

Non-ratio'd Euro. Further east the better you look.

4e3b77f371e3202fdb9699be83f7c7d8.jpg&key=505627a7867607db94efc78c476e640dd7a746abfa5970cea69350cec210a42d

I was just about ready to post that! It actually a good run for east TN peeps. 1 to 2 inches with the first wave and then the 2nd wave seemed to be more robust and northwest of the GFS. Looking at the 500 mb maps that run was close to something bigger.

1 minute ago, 1234snow said:

I was just about ready to post that! It actually a good run for east TN peeps. 1 to 2 inches with the first wave and then the 2nd wave seemed to be more robust and northwest of the GFS. Looking at the 500 mb maps that run was close to something bigger.

Do you have access to the 15:1 map?

Overall the heavier axis of precip shifted a bit more NW and now covers more of East Tennessee with heavier snow than last night's Euro. We have a decent event on the Canadian, UKIE, and Euro. Nothing doing on the GFS/NAM.

Finally found it. Overall a noticeable tick upwards from last nights run.

0b0e066dc4defb69688a5bbcf959f4c3.png

I honestly get the feeling it's not done with it's precip shield being more robust. 

Here is the upper levels at hour 78 on the Euro. If we can get more stream separation early in the run and have it a little more robust/negative tilt moving through the Mississippi valley then the precip shield will move west and northwest. We should know by 12z tomorrow on a locked in solution.b10ded896608329c61781d1ddbc4d5d5.jpg

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived