Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Allentown is worlds apart from areas like Milford or Matamoras. I don't even think Allentown averages 40" lol..

The place I'm talking about averages about 70 because it's about 2,000 ft above sea level.  Great area to live in, but I miss the beach so I come out to Long Island for that.

An example of a really good early season storm there is October 2011 we got thundersnow and 20" a lot of trees were wrecked because they were still fully leaved and the snow was very wet.

One time back in May of 1996 I remember we had a severe thunderstorm that changed to snow overnight and I woke up to a couple of inches of snow and a huge broken tree limb on the deck.

51 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I hate when work gets in the way of model watching. A quick glance is the euro improved a bit up here, am I in the right ball park?

You're gonna get crushed whether this thing is over the BM or on top of Islip.

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

If Animal measured 5" this evening, he was probably quite a bit higher right when it the snow shut off. Not 11" but a good bit more I would think.

He definitely lost some snow for sure.  Still, my 3.9" vs NG's 9" is so far off.

Archived