• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

Got to figure 4 model runs left for us to enjoy the snow on paper with the NAM.

Honestly..I was stoked for this storm when I got up this morning.

This afternoon....sucks.

Looking forward to the 0 Z NAM !!!!!!

It is funny that so frequently, during the past several winters, I have found myself (in NE NJ Essex county) initially hoping that a storm shifts further SE on the models, only to be in the same boat as the NW crew hoping that it shifts back NW. Just west of NYC, we're spared the heaviest banding from those big coastal crushers that pound LI through SNE. I was never expecting more than 8-12" with this one, but the models showing 15-20" amounts made this one truly interesting (being that it is March). It is a reminder of just how difficult it is to pull something like that off in March (or ANY month in winter for that matter). I'm hoping that places like NW NJ, even in to NEPA get hit hard from this one..feel like it's been a long time since the Poconos jackpotted. Hopefully the 0z runs bring back some good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

There are so many model runs left, I wouldn't worry about it.  Anything more than 6" is great anyway, those 25"+ totals were just eye candy honestly.

Dude - smart people are paid big $ to code these systems. This is the year 2017. I had like 16 runs in a row of 18+ inches.

Something is wrong here.....

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

They should only produce QPF progs out to like 72 hours or something. Would save a lot of headache.

I am over it....if coastal NJ is locked and loaded for a foot + , I book 2 nights in AC or something.

just have trouble understanding how occurs with the computer coding that I hear about and science.

I really thought this storm would get me near 65 to 70 inches of snow for the season..

26 minutes ago, Animal said:

Dude - smart people are paid big $ to code these systems. This is the year 2017. I had like 16 runs in a row of 18+ inches.

Something is wrong here.....

I'm no computer expert, and am not claiming to be one, but these systems aren't perfect.  All I'm saying is we can't live and die by model runs.

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

On the GFS it looks like we are caught between the ULL and the coastal. Seeing the euro and now the GFS bump east is no bueno. Both show a late phase now. At this point if all that is on the table is 2-4 then hopefully it whiffs completely 

Something like 12 GEFS members still look good for warning criteria snows. I think the operational runs probably correct a bit west to meet the ensemble means and most of us end up in line for a general 7-12"

gue3B1R.png

Archived