Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

19 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

No doubt,we have good reason to be excited and confident, but been burned too many times, I think you can relate.  Keeping expectations tempered for now.  If these solutions are still on the table late Sunday, then it will be very hard to remain cautious. 

I completely agree.  The good part is that today's storm is now out of the way. 

I gotta say though, these big March storms are hard to come by.  Hopefully this isn't one of 'em.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Yea it increased totals.. tracks not much different but much stronger, better western dynamics 

Thanks Bro

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

You're gonna get crushed whether this thing is over the BM or on top of Islip.

Thanks. I'm getting crushed tomorrow at my parents annual corned beef bash, did the models pick up on that?

17 minutes ago, KeithB said:

Won't be much sleep. Gonna be some late late nights with the EURO not running until 1:45am with the time change tomorrow night.

Yeah, I'll tell you, I love when we get these big events that can be tracked days ahead of time.  That's why the blizzard last year was so amazing.  Best storm I personally ever tracked and watched develop.

3 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

learned that since i moved here..

quite annoying actually for the time being

Whats ironic is that the GFS still gives most on the coast 8-12"
 similair to what the Euro gives the interior so whats the problem you say?  The problem is they don't jackpot..

6 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Yeah, I'll tell you, I love when we get these big events that can be tracked days ahead of time.  That's why the blizzard last year was so amazing.  Best storm I personally ever tracked and watched develop.

I was away last winter for a total of 9 days. The blizzard fell within that span. I was almost suicidal. So....I need this one BAD!!

Last night I woke up at 6am, and couldn't fall asleep until I checked the 06z gfs. It's a sickness  :)

2 minutes ago, KeithB said:

I was away last winter for a total of 9 days. The blizzard fell within that span. I was almost suicidal. So....I need this one BAD!!

Last night I woke up at 6am, and couldn't fall asleep until I checked the 06z gfs. It's a sickness  :)

Lol, it certainly is.  Well, I hope this one works out for everyone, including you.  That was a great storm all around last year.  Cold, wind, drifts, and of course heavy snow.

1 minute ago, JerseyWx said:

Lol, it certainly is.  Well, I hope this one works out for everyone, including you.  That was a great storm all around last year.  Cold, wind, drifts, and of course heavy snow.

Thanks! I'm glad that you guys got to enjoy it at least!

2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

My favorite storm of all time!  I could die after that storm and I'd still be happy.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

My favorite storm of all time!  I could die after that storm and I'd still be happy.

Lol, it was definitely one of my favorites.  Plus, that was one of the first big storms I was truly able to follow along with on here.  Blizzard of 2016 taught me a lot :D

Just now, JerseyWx said:

Lol, it was definitely one of my favorites.  Plus, that was one of the first big storms I was truly able to follow along with on here.  Blizzard of 2016 taught me a lot :D

It was the first time I jackpotted in anything since PDII 2003 lol.  Didn't care about that though- cared more about the first time I ever saw a 30"+ snowstorm (and maybe the last lol.)

Just now, Paragon said:

It was the first time I jackpotted in anything since PDII 2003 lol.  Didn't care about that though- cared more about the first time I ever saw a 30"+ snowstorm (and maybe the last lol.)

Wow you cashed in.  General 24" here, mostly 22" when I measured in various locations.

21 minutes ago, snywx said:

Whats ironic is that the GFS still gives most on the coast 8-12"
 similair to what the Euro gives the interior so whats the problem you say?  The problem is they don't jackpot..

I find the guy(s) guranteeing accumulating snow was over this season just 3 days ago...then lecturing people in storm threads about march snowstorms... I chuckled 

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I find the guy(s) guranteeing accumulating snow was over this season just 3 days ago...then lecturing people in storm threads about march snowstorms... I chuckled 

Thats why you dont see me saying dumb stuff like that either way.  Also, it's not good to brag about things you aren't in control of- people never seem to learn that lol.  The dumbest thing I said was that I thought my house was 5,000 sq ft when it was really 2,200 LOL I'll never live that one down haha

8 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Wow you cashed in.  General 24" here, mostly 22" when I measured in various locations.

yeah but the funny thing is I hadn't seen more than 18" in any storm prior to that since 2003 lol.  So I'll probably be happy for like the next 10 years (plus I took like 64 GB of pictures and videos to remember it with the weather channel on in the background.)

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Thats why you dont see me saying dumb stuff like that either way.  Also, it's not good to brag about things you aren't in control of- people never seem to learn that lol.  The dumbest thing I said was that I thought my house was 5,000 sq ft when it was really 2,200 LOL I'll never live that one down haha

lol.. Yeah dude that was pretty bad

Archived