joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunny areas are nearly melted off in most places here, shaded or in the trees is covered. The ground under the snow is mush though so everything will melt off very quickly once that starts happening. I was out in the woods today and nothing is frozen. The snow that fell on Friday insulated warm ground and is keeping it that way. I was hoping that the crazy cold temps the last two nights would freeze it but that didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Haven't seen the snowfall totals yet but GFS is looking much better for our area. It's definitely going towards all other solutions now.

Yeah its much improved for the area. I don't think its done correcting W either. Its still an eastern outlier even with this correction

29 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

5-6"/hr snowfall rates, anyone?

VYOuCwe.png

Saved that picture in my archives....     Never saw that before.    Even if it doesnt happen, for the model to spit over 5"/hr around here is ultraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rare.   Thanks for flagging it.

Just now, hawkeye said:

Saved that picture in my archives....     Never saw that before.    Even if it doesnt happen, for the model to spit over 5"/hr around here is ultraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rare.   Thanks for flagging it.

I already have a huge folder of model images saved. Sometimes the forecasts are almost as captivating as the storm itself...

Archived