Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 17th snow/sleet/frz rain Obs

dmillz25

2 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

the city is getting it right in the chin right now.it's snowing hard!..and it's cold also those echos from s.w p.a are coming our way..at this rate it might a positive bust. temps are not going to climb as forecasted either.

Yeah it looks like the snow is really going to pick up over the next couple of hours. It would not surprise me if most of the NYC metro stays frozen into the mid to late afternoon or early evening. We shall see.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Yeah it looks like the snow is really going to pick up over the next couple of hours. It would not surprise me if most of the NYC metro stays frozen into the mid to late afternoon or early evening. We shall see.

yeah very interestingly the winds are no longer off the ocean either,they are more westerly which would really help temps stay low. i def think most of the area sees 4+ inches here maybe 6+ heading north and west before a changeover. 

14 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

the city is getting it right in the chin right now.it's snowing hard!..and it's cold also those echos from s.w p.a are coming our way..at this rate it might a positive bust. temps are not going to climb as forecasted either.

All the airports (and the park) are reporting light snow which is supported by radar.  Heavier snows are CNJ right now and moving NE.

29 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Nice to wake up to snow. Coming down nicely and obviously sticking everywhere 

It is nice.  Dropped a degree here to 24F and snowing a little more heavily (almost moderate) with 1/2" of pixie dust on the ground.  It's gorgeous out there - worth a quick walk.  

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

It is nice.  Dropped a degree here to 24F and snowing a little more heavily (almost moderate) with 1/2" of pixie dust on the ground.  It's gorgeous out there - worth a quick walk.  

it's going to be a beautiful morning that's for sure,lets enjoy it guys..the heavier stuff is still coming.B)

Woke up about 30 minutes ago and already 1/2 in OTG in Kew Gardens and Upton already upped totals from 1-3 in local forcast to 2-4 and heavy echoes the south

* LOCATIONS...NEW YORK CITY METRO INCLUDING HUDSON COUNTY NEW
  JERSEY AND LONG ISLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES

4 minutes ago, nyblizz44 said:

Woke up about 30 minutes ago and already 1/2 in OTG in Kew Gardens and Upton already upped totals from 1-3 in local forcast to 2-4 and heavy echoes the south

* LOCATIONS...NEW YORK CITY METRO INCLUDING HUDSON COUNTY NEW
  JERSEY AND LONG ISLAND.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES

sounds just about right,locally may be more though.that radar looks really good incoming.

In Malverne, side streets are snowcovered as is the grass, car tops, roof tops, driveways and everything else.  The temp here is 27 and we have a NE wind at 6.  The visibility is 1 mile and has been for a few hours now (since 2 am).  Local forecasters have us mixing or changing over by 10 AM, we'll see if that happens or is delayed.

2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

The big wild card for today is the low developing along the coast that will most likely lock in the colder air and prolong the frozen precipitation.

yeah i posted the current upper air pressure drop chart,as of right now it's developing much further south just off the del-ma-va coast..if it verifies changeover will be minimal at best.

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Really coming down in Long Beach-I'd say about an inch and a half so far. Looks like we'll break the 2" mark I said I'd be shocked to see from this on the shore. Radar looks really nice too. 

yeah i'm a bit further northwest from you in the bronx and we have close to a inch and a half of snow o.t.g already,it's picking up once again so lets see how this goes..

5 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

yeah i'm a bit further northwest from you in the bronx and we have close to a inch and a half of snow o.t.g already,it's picking up once again so lets see how this goes..

This secondary low development is a game-changer for us, it's keeping the warm ocean out of it for a while and giving us a couple more hours to play with. The mid levels will still torch by 8am or so, but by then we all might have a few inches or more. Inland might accumulate some ice. It's coming down at least moderate here. 

Archived