joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overnight guidance took a respectable jump N and W wrt to the weekend system. Now gets parts of South Jersey into light snow. More likely a 'too little too late' scenario for anything appreciable down that way but I would be lying if I said there was not room for this to come any farther West. NAM is keying on precip developing along the arctic boundary ahead of the system which helps draw the baroclinic zone farther N and W. Could be a feature the higher resolution guidance is seeing. Something to watch anyway East of I95. A few more shifts like this on the next 2-3 model runs and who knows?

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Overnight guidance took a respectable jump N and W wrt to the weekend system. Now gets parts of South Jersey into light snow. More likely a 'too little too late' scenario for anything appreciable down that way but I would be lying if I said there was not room for this to come any farther West. NAM is keying on precip developing along the arctic boundary ahead of the system which helps draw the baroclinic zone farther N and W. Could be a feature the higher resolution guidance is seeing. Something to watch anyway East of I95. A few more shifts like this on the next 2-3 model runs and who knows?

Will be something to watch at least. Would not be surprised if south jersey ends up with a surprise 2-3" event out of this. Thought it would shift further north, and it did some, as it's no longer an Atlanta jackpot. There's still some room though to get in on a light snow if we get some trends today.

Will be something to watch at least. Would not be surprised if south jersey ends up with a surprise 2-3" event out of this. Thought it would shift further north, and it did some, as it's no longer an Atlanta jackpot. There's still some room though to get in on a light snow if we get some trends today.

Yeah, I'll take a consolution prize of light snow at this point. Really thought 4-5 days ago that SE Ridge was gonna hold firm and give us a hit back our way but that feature has basically been bulldozed over and is essentially a non-factor now.

Looks like we've been NAMed for the Saturday event....improved (northward movement of precip. shield) significantly over 6z runs. It is the NAM but all three of the higher res. versions show it. Don't tell Redmorninglight or he won't get any work done today. Getting NAMed aside, the current trend is a good one for the weekend. Everyone stay calm.

6 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Looks like we've been NAMed for the Saturday event....improved (northward movement of precip. shield) significantly over 6z runs. It is the NAM but all three of the higher res. versions show it. Don't tell Redmorninglight or he won't get any work done today. Getting NAMed aside, the current trend is a good one for the weekend. Everyone stay calm.

South Jersey bullseye? Is that 4-6" on the NAM down that way with a grand total of 7-10" for both waves? Nice to see some flurries make it to my area Saturday anyway. As you said, another decent shift. Looks like the NAM is developing precip on the arctic boundary once this first wave passes and this helps enhance precip N and W and also creates a small weakness/path of lesser resistance for the 2nd wave to track closer. Will definitely be watching.

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

South Jersey bullseye? Is that 4-6" on the NAM down that way with a grand total of 7-10" for both waves? Nice to see some flurries make it to my area Saturday anyway. As you said, another decent shift. Looks like the NAM is developing precip on the arctic boundary once this first wave passes and this helps enhance precip N and W and also creates a small weakness/path of lesser resistance for the 2nd wave to track closer. Will definitely be watching.

This is my first winter tracking storms with you guys. Before it was just a passing interest, now it is a hobby. I can't tell you how helpful explanations like that are in trying to understand all this stuff! Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Jsdphilly said:

This is my first winter tracking storms with you guys. Before it was just a passing interest, now it is a hobby. I can't tell you how helpful explanations like that are in trying to understand all this stuff! Thanks!

No problem....it's how I learned. Why not pass the little knowledge I have along, right?

9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Our "pattern changes" have amounted to little more than 2-3 day cool downs. Isles of chill in a sea of warmth.

That's why I tried to enjoy last night as much as I could. Any shot of consistent winter looks ugly until at least early February starting next week. I'm sure by mid March we ll see that big pattern change that's been predicted just in time to have multiple 40 degree rainstorms into may... 

Archived