• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
EPA/NJ/DE General Winter Discussions

ChescoWx

Ralph, you've hung in there well for this one. I think you should go down with the ship, or ride it into a sandbar (that would be for a dusting). Seriously, this has been a teaser and I'd be happy with an inch of snow between Thursday and Monday. Of course I wouldn't turn down more than that :-).

Capn-Ralph-on-SSWiggum.jpg

OMG! Lol @ the pic!

Going to ride this baby out, no sense backing down now. White flag was pulled out of storage, looked at, then tossed in the fireplace. Jan 6-9.....best shot so far this winter!

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Redmorninglight said:

Does anybody have an idea what the 12z Euro showed for Cape May?  Sorry to ask, but someone said it was like 8" for OCMD and i am not sure how sharp the cutoff is.  Thanks.

Here is the 12z for Wildwood - looking good!! I may have to take a road trip to my place in Sea Isle!!

Euro WWD 12z.jpg

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I made a promise to myself at the end of last winter to check models only "occasionally" this season when a possible threat is real. I haven't been following every up to the minute model this year....just pop in here and there for an update. I pissed away so much time last season. Total waste of time unless it's your occupation.

This is true last winter post blizzard was very hard on digital snow and computer model hobbyists that was when the Lucy thing started with many missed chances even in the medium range. This winter we shuffled the atmosphere real good changing the ENSO state etc. yet have ended up with an even worse pattern it looks like.

Lucy is slowly making a half hearted attempt to hold the football for Ralph. Will he run for it?

Not so interested in Saturday attm.....more interested in Friday AM for now. 6z Rgem, NAM, and yes, the CRAS have upped the ante. Range is a general 1-3" in SE PA with 4" lollis and coastal NJ up to 5". Looks like we are finally figuring out the right wave and honestly, those totals have some room to slightly increase imho.

I'm definitely feeling better for the storm Thursday-Friday over the one after it this weekend. While people are saying that we should wait for the wave to come onshore for sampling, I don't really recall a storm where the forecasts were drastically changed. I'm feeling 1-3" for the storm coming up, giving room for a little less since the NAM may just be NAMing, but I certainly wouldn't mind more than currently forecasted.

Not too enthused with wave 2 attm but admittedly did glance at the Euro and EPS. Euro op leading the way in that camp ticking NW with most EPS members now getting decent snows (up to a half foot) into DC. Meanwhile, everything is ticking SE or weak and holding its ground. Even the UKIE caved towards the SE tick. Don't do it Red.....don't line up for that field goal!

Hot diggity dog look at DT go!!  Calling up analogs from Valentines Day 2014 as suggested by someone earlier! 15844591_1231647423549180_8795112424225480279_o.jpg?oh=c4001e6e6a948e3a5574b29780895b47%26oe=591CA666&key=10f77e2efcabf4ed5faccb5679bb2c54210ee807abafee267280fc21f4a2c981

That's ballsy calling for a MECS for the MA and Northeast when NO OPERATIONAL MODEL has even a hint of this. I suppose if u r loving the EPS there are signals but this will either be DT's victory dance or quite possibly his darkest hour. He even used the term "WOOF". He is honking BIG time.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

That's ballsy calling for a MECS for the MA and Northeast when NO OPERATIONAL MODEL has even a hint of this. I suppose if u r loving the EPS there are signals but this will either be DT's victory dance or quite possibly his darkest hour. He even used the term "WOOF". He is honking BIG time.

In his defense I think he is calling it south of us. He hasn't made mention of that for the Northeast. At least from what I have seen.

24 minutes ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

In his defense I think he is calling it south of us. He hasn't made mention of that for the Northeast. At least from what I have seen.

I think you may be correct....he is speaking to VA and Maryland specifically. However, when you are comparing to a storm that brought a 'general' 8-10" in our area and farther up I95 into New England, I assume he is suggesting a similar situation, no?

Wxsim with 6z data from GFS and NAM for NW Chesco

Wave 1 - flurries

Wave 2 - 1" to 1.5" depending on ratios 0.09 w.e.

How is wxsim only flurries for wave 1 with the 6z gfs/nam data ingested to it?

Im guessing lower end of 1-3" actually verifies extreme SE PA but who knows. That SE Ridge is coming on stronger causing the weak slp to track nearer the coast and enhance the jet-induced precip, especially into coastal NJ and DE sections.

Nice AFD this morning from M Gorse and company at Mt Holly.  Wave 1 gets most of us on the board and wave 2, well, let's hope that southern stream system trends a little stronger like the Euro had.

Just saw their AFD...they r going with a general 1-3" snowfall as well. I will certainly take that just to get us on the board!

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I think you may be correct....he is speaking to VA and Maryland specifically. However, when you are comparing to a storm that brought a 'general' 8-10" in our area and farther up I95 into New England, I assume he is suggesting a similar situation, no?

True. But again, if you look at that map he posted where VA had a 16"-20" area in 2014 that same area is under the gun for 16"-20" for this storm as of right now. I believe that is what he is seeing, and not necessarily our area and north.

Archived