Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

ENS, as usual, probably the way to go in the extended.

It probably isn't going to suck, but i wouldn't expect 12/70, either.

A pattern like 12/70 or 12/07 you can never predict in advance. The snow that is. Patterns like that have you walking the line. So you don't know if you are getting the goods until the events happen. 

I suppose that is true with all patterns but it is amplified in those types of patterns. In more iron clad setups we usually say "probably will cash in". In the 1970 patterns you have no idea. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You in school?

I miss you being in Woburn...cool comparing obs.

Last OT, but took a job down here. 

I think this is the year of the 128 CF too. Woburn on the line, Wilmington cashing in. Rain to the Medford/Winchester line. Just need a few early season coastals with the warm water to make that a reality. 

Ill be back 12/22-1/2, so I hope we avoid the typical grinch pattern just one time. 

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A pattern like 12/70 or 12/07 you can never predict in advance. The snow that is. Patterns like that have you walking the line. So you don't know if you are getting the goods until the events happen. 

I suppose that is true with all patterns but it is amplified in those types of patterns. In more iron clad setups we usually say "probably will cash in". In the 1970 patterns you have no idea. 

Yea...I meant not to expect the sensible result of 12/70.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I would take a more suppressed track over an amplified track given that the cold will be present instead of warmth.  Is the EURO close enough to Cape Cod to deliver the goods at hour 216-240?

And exactly what does having the cold in place before hand have anything to do with a suppressed track vs amplified track?  That's pure weenie nonsense.

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

What are you talking about voodoo science Bob, the models are showing a favorable pattern for SNE snows.

You said a shift to SNE.  9 times out of 10 a favorable for snow in SNE is favorable for CNE and NNE.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Also you stated heavy spot for snows, which has no basis in science either given the snow climate for the month of December over the region.  We may get lucky and cash in on a storm but I would not make any guarantees.

All the major models show a potential strong miller B cyclogenesis with the primary dying in a favorable spot for snowfall along the coastline and the airmass that follows in the weekend next week looks extremely cold.

Disturbance over NE MT around hour 96 is indeed interesting for this run, could be the impetus for the secondary cyclogenesis for our Thursday system.

There is more separation between the lead shortwave and the secondary shortwave associated with Thursday's storm, right now that separation could mean separate storms as the cold front sweeps eastward off the East Coast.  Right now that secondary shortwave energy could spark an anafrontal surface wave that brings snow to New England as front slides off the coast.

Also +PNA ridging is showing up well on the 00z GFS.

Secondary cyclogenesis taking place 12z Thursday December 8th southwest of Dukes County, MA

00z GFS is a rain to snow storm for the coastal plain of SNE, as storm deepens from a 7mb/6 hour rate to a 10mb/6hour rate within a 12 hour period.  That is explosive deepening right over our region.  Cold air rushes into the region as storm forms and moves through the region

Just as our Thursday storm exits our next storm's energy enters the NW US coastline.

10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z GFS is a rain to snow storm for the coastal plain of SNE, as storm deepens from a 7mb/6 hour rate to a 10mb/6hour rate within a 12 hour period.  That is explosive deepening right over our region.  Cold air rushes into the region as storm forms and moves through the region

Blustery conditions after the rain ends.

Archived