Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Looks like GFS Is just cold for MID December, no longer stormy look to it at least on the 14th and 15th as flow is actually flatter than what we want, but there is resemblance of a +PNA ridge.

The op changes will drive you mad. The GFS went 1980s on us. Cold/cutter/cold. But overall..I'd rather have the cold and let the chances fall as they may.   

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The op changes will drive you mad. The GFS went 1980s on us. Cold/cutter/cold. But overall..I'd rather have the cold and let the chances fall as they may.   

Both versions are entirely valid, too.

Those are the risks because as I, along with many others have pointed out, the pattern is not "spectacular", regardless of what any single suite of guidance may have implied....but rather serviceable. 

It could suck, and it could be fun.......that is the risk when the cold dumps out west.

You want latitude because you have more of a shot of having enough cold nearby, so you can salvage individual systems with unfavorable tracks because we will have them.

Have to hope for some favorable tracks because they aren't guaranteed.

This is why the pattern will probably blow for the mid atl.

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Both versions are entirely valid, too.

Those are the risks because as I, along with many others have pointed out, the pattern is not "spectacular", regardless of what any single suite of guidance may have implied....but rather serviceable. 

It could suck, and it could be fun.......that is the risk when the cold dumps out west.

You want latitude because you have more of a shot of having enough cold nearby, so you can salvage individual systems with unfavorable tracks because we will have them.

Have to hope for some favorable tracks because they aren't guaranteed.

This is why the pattern will probably blow for the mid atl.

I like the active look....I'd take my chances..esp where you and Will are. 

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I like the active look....I'd take my chances..esp where you and Will are. 

GEFS countinue to look very nice with several snow chances.  It will probably snow a little Monday.  All falling into place.  GEFS keeping ridging  above the north slope in the 11-15 is continuation of guidance we've seen for the past few days.   Very nice look to me.

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

GEFS countinue to look very nice with several snow chances.  It will probably snow a little Monday.  All falling into place.  GEFS keeping ridging  above the north slope in the 11-15 is continuation of guidance we've seen for the past few days.   Very nice look to me.

ENS, as usual, are most likely the way to go in the extended.

It probably isn't going to suck, but I wouldn't expect 12/70, either.

Archived