Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

5 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

I just want to let all of you know - if your storm-rooting interests do not coincide with mine, you are an awful person and should just leave the board forever.

Thanks!

Almost time to start up the animated debate about splitting up the sub-forum into sub-sub-sub-forums based on each average snowfall contour in 1" intervals

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Juliancolton said:

Almost time to start up the animated debate about splitting up the sub-forum into sub-sub-sub-forums based on each average snowfall contour in 1" intervals

I wonder how the New England forum manages to stay so civil- they have a much larger variance in climate than we have.

Maybe it's because even their southern areas get a very decent amount of snow in most seasons, so people there are more willing to share.

8 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

I just want to let all of you know - if your storm-rooting interests do not coincide with mine, you are an awful person and should just leave the board forever.

Thanks!

Sounds like how our politics are headed haha.  

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

"My house is 10ft higher than yours in elevation so we have two completely different climates."

3 minutes ago, TriPol said:

And there it is. The requisite reminder of how NYC was promised more snow than it's ever received in a March snowstorm during a time where we have computer models discussing more snow than NYC has ever seen from one snowstorm and oh, yes, it's March. Didn't we just do this a few years ago and we barely got a few inches?

it was more than a few years ago, and that shows you how rare these things are, which is why I'm not sounding any alarms to anyone yet.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

it was more than a few years ago, and that shows you how rare these things are, which is why I'm not sounding any alarms to anyone yet.

If I was the owner of this forum, I would start getting some grief counselors on board ASAP. We haven't had a foot+ snow in NYC in decades and this winter has been warmer than 1993.

1 minute ago, TriPol said:

If I was the owner of this forum, I would start getting some grief counselors on board ASAP. We haven't had a foot+ snow in NYC in decades and this winter has been warmer than 1993.

Well I am a licensed therapist....but I'll admit more of my clients are depressed by the cold and snow than the opposite...in fact I never had one that got depressed over missed snowstorms. Most can't wait to move to where its warm....

3 hours ago, Paragon said:

I wonder how the New England forum manages to stay so civil- they have a much larger variance in climate than we have.

Maybe it's because even their southern areas get a very decent amount of snow in most seasons, so people there are more willing to share.

Snow can do strange things to people lol.  Imagine what Washington and his troops would think about all this fussing over snow, especially after the winter at Morristown.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Well I am a licensed therapist....but I'll admit more of my clients are depressed by the cold and snow than the opposite...in fact I never had one that got depressed over missed snowstorms. Most can't wait to move to where its warm....

Obviously you've never dealt with Weenie Suicide Syndrome. It's a rare condition brought on by tracking monster weather phenomenon (hurricanes, blizzards, El Ninos, La Ninas, etc) only to have them pan out to be nothing more than garden variety.

2 minutes ago, TriPol said:

Obviously you've never dealt with Weenie Suicide Syndrome. It's a rare condition brought on by tracking monster weather phenomenon (hurricanes, blizzards, El Ninos, La Ninas, etc) only to have them pan out to be nothing more than garden variety.

Sounds like a good topic for a journal publication.....

12 minutes ago, TriPol said:

Obviously you've never dealt with Weenie Suicide Syndrome. It's a rare condition brought on by tracking monster weather phenomenon (hurricanes, blizzards, El Ninos, La Ninas, etc) only to have them pan out to

9 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Sounds like a good topic for a journal publication.....

be nothing more than garden variety.

Feel free to continue in here guys.  Just trying to keep that thread as banter free as possible.... for at least the first day lol

4 hours ago, Paragon said:

because a lot of them go to FL or AZ for the winter and you don't see them on these boards.....I know thats what my in laws in ME do....

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Feel free to continue in here guys.  Just trying to keep that thread as banter free as possible.... for at least the first day lol

Got it. Just having a little levity. I don't usually have much of substance to contribute anyway, as I don't know what most of you are talking about. Well I know more than I used to anyway....

Got it. Just having a little levity. I don't usually have much of substance to contribute anyway, as I don't know what most of you are talking about. Well I know more than I used to anyway....

Np bud.   

You could always ask people questions.  We have many knowledgeable posters.  Some are more friendly than others though lol.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

because a lot of them go to FL or AZ for the winter and you don't see them on these boards.....I know thats what my in laws in ME do....

I don't like that kind of climate anyway.  I like variety with lots of heat in the summer, along with snow in the winter of course.

Just now, Rjay said:

Np bud.   

You could always ask people questions.  We have many knowledgeable posters.  Some are more friendly than others though lol.

Well even the unfriendly ones probably know that no one can control the weather so the only option they have if they don't like their weather is to move lol.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

I don't like that kind of climate anyway.  I like variety with lots of heat in the summer, along with snow in the winter of course.

I hear ya, my BIL's brother moved back to ME from AZ because he said outside of winter, it was just too unbearable in the Phoenix area. FL is ok in winter, but by April it is too hot and summers are just plain oppressive. Every time I go there I pick up some malady. 

I hear ya, my BIL's brother moved back to ME from AZ because he said outside of winter, it was just too unbearable in the Phoenix area. FL is ok in winter, but by April it is too hot and summers are just plain oppressive. Every time I go there I pick up some malady. 

ugh I can't stand humidity, that's the thing.  I love dry heat and no bugs.  A good thing about Maine, specifically Caribou, is a lack of allergies!

I get sick whenever I travel to some tropical destination lol.  You really can't trust anything these days, something might even be wrong with the tap water.

February ended up being the warmest in history with an average temperature of 41.6 in NYC making it 20 months in a row of above normal temperatures. If March can finally end the streak and end the month slightly below normal it could end up being a colder month on average than February was

The average March is 42.5 so if March finishes just 1.0 degree below normal it will end up being a colder month than February. I don't have the data to check it but I doubt that has happened many times if any since records were kept.

Uncle W if anyone knows you do.

I have an idea. Screw the coast and let's get a coastal hugger so that the interior could get 30", instead of 15"-20". 

The perfect solution is a bit east of the Euro. The entire board would get 15-25"+, instead of 1 small area where 25 people live like a coastal hugger would do. **** the coast and NYC!

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived