GSO: 3.91''
FAY: 14.87''
ILM: 6.59''
LBT: 12.77''

ECG: 10.00''
EWN: 5.23''
KST: 10.02''
SMI: 5.10''

A record daily rainfall (1944-) of 6.45'' was set at RDU on Oct 8 with the former record 5.64'' on Jun 14, 2006. On Oct 8, FAY (Fayetteville) has rainfall 14.00'' and LBT (Lumberton) has rainfall 12.53''.

Possible comparison and contrast: Matthew and Hermine (different locations of extreme rainfall; Raleigh: stronger wind, more rainfall but less sense of tropical) & Matthew and Fran (Raleigh: lighter wind, less rainfall and less sense of tropical).

Warm sunny and most importantly dry...I cant remember when we last went 7 days without it raining  and with only a 30% chance Friday we look to maybe go a few weeks without rain....I still have a foot of water in my ditch though....still its just what we need here.....I will even take the warmer air, lots of places are just now draining off and there are lots of areas still under water we need the sun to stick around.

We are 4.46" away from wettest year ever at PGV.....PGV has had 134.86" of rain since Jan 1 2015, so 43" above normal for that time frame.

15 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Count yourself lucky.  Areas just a few hundred miles away are roasting in an epic drought.  It hasn't rain more than a sprinkle in about 10-14 days with nothing in sight.  I fully expect the NW GA area to experience an expansion of the D4 conditions. 

U.S. Drought Monitor forGeorgia

Wait I thought we were supposed to get some rain later this week.

Archived