Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LikesNaturesFury said:

OK, sry to ask again. Do all pertinent models update at 00z and 12z? I'm just trying to understand. Again, if I should be posting this somewhere else, please let me know. :)

Depends upon the model. The GFS and NAM update around 00z, 06z, 12z, and 18z. The 00z and 12z are generally considered to be more reliable because (as I understand it) they consume more input data.

9 minutes ago, Tibet said:

Starting to get real worried with this run... given how the trough is sharper... ridge a little weaker... could bring the mid atlantic back into play :/

not seeing it. If anything, trough is broader and not as sharp.

0z:

gfs_z500a_us_12.png

5 minutes ago, LikesNaturesFury said:

OK, sry to ask again. Do all pertinent models update at 00z and 12z? I'm just trying to understand. Again, if I should be posting this somewhere else, please let me know. :)

All models update at 00Z and 12Z, some models update at 6Z and 18Z as well. 

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Close to a worst case scenario 

To be fair, this isn't right. A worst case scenario, by far, is a landfall in Dade or Broward.  While there's been a fair bit of development since, Frances and Jeanne hit St. lucie county pretty hard back in 2004 and the damage wasn't extreme.  Population densities are substantially lower up there compared to further south.

2 minutes ago, Tibet said:

As we get closer to this "event" I think there will be a good number of weenies realizing just how bad this is shaping up to be... not to fear monger but watching these frames is giving me chills...

You betcha - and I'm inland by 60 miles.

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived