• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Post Tropical Cyclone Hermine should bring at least gusts to
Gale/Tropical Storm Force over all waters but New York Harbor from
later today into Tonight and possibly into Tuesday, so will
continue with existing headlines as is. For now it appears that
winds will fall below Gale/Tropical Storm Force on all waters by
Tuesday evening, with SCA conditions likely for Tuesday night.

With an more westward track to Hermine there is still the potential
for tropical storm force winds on Wed on portions of the coastal
waters. This will depend on how far west she retrogrades before
tracking NE out to sea Wed night. As such no changes to current
headlines. Hermine will also be weakening with time...therefore seas
will also be diminishing. Currently expect wind gusts and seas to
fall below sca levels from west to east late wed and wed
night...although this may take slightly longer if Hermine
retrogrades further west than forecast and is a bit stronger than
model guidance is indicating.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Pamela said:

I have to disagree with you there; with that much tropical moisture places like NYC and Long Island are looking at an extended soaking rain and probably a good deal of urban flooding as well.

Those are some extremely intense squalls on the NW side of Hermine; rotating west-southwestward roughly 75 miles SE of the mainland.  They would be pretty disruptive should they work their way onshore later in the day...

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

The 11z HRRR brings quite a few bands into LI later today. 

Per 8AM NHC advisory TS force winds extend out 230 miles from the center. She's a large storm, and you don't need the center that far West to feel her wrath.

Think they make it to NYC coastal areas?

the convection is starting to flare up on the southwest side of the storm now,it seems also like a faint semblance of a reforming coc and the wrapping around of moisture,curious to see if it's southeastern quadrant flares up as well later on. it's still in decently warm waters by the way and the venting is visible with a nice outflow starting to take shape with less sheer now..

3 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

the convection is starting to flare up on the southwest side of the storm now,it seems also like a faint semblance of a reforming coc and the wrapping around of moisture,curious to see if it's southeastern quadrant flares up as well later on. it's still in decently warm waters by the way and the venting is visible with a nice outflow starting to take shape with less sheer now..

I notice that too. Lets see what happens. Hermine is sure a head scratchier. He's West, East, North, South.  

3 minutes ago, nycemt123 said:

Based upon how it seems to now be headed west, approximately when do you think it would hit if it does hit? Also, you think it'll affect Rockland county?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be worried for you. Rockland County is pretty far north. Only coastal sections will see semi-major impacts.

10 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

Just when I thought this storm was dead and buried. I no longer trust any model at this point... I'm tracking Hermine old school from here on out. Satellite and radar observations are the way to go.

2 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Just when I thought this storm was dead and buried. I no longer trust any model at this point... I'm tracking Hermine old school from here on out. Satellite and radar observations are the way to go.

I was nowcasting since yesterday. No sense in model chasing.

50 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

mother nature never seizes to amaze me,although the writing was on the wall for hermine since the get, he's a tough s.o.b!! :lol:

54 minutes ago, Metsfan said:

I was nowcasting since yesterday. No sense in model chasing.

same here bud,i stayed in the western solution camp. as of right now it's getting interesting every hour,lets see how far back west this goes. also a minor bust,it's cloudy,very breezy and chilly..has the feel of a approaching noreaster as compared to a forecast of a mostly sunny and warm day...

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived