• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
NJwx85

Severe Weather Threat 7/1

Cells do look like they are getting sheared out moving to the east from NJ towards the east. This is primarily do to the lack of instability(sbcape). The lack of sbcape can be contributed by two key things today (the southerly wind off the ocean, and convective debris). Sigh I look forward to severe weather here on the island, but get disappointed. 

Cells do look like they are getting sheared out moving to the east from NJ towards the east. This is primarily do to the lack of instability(sbcape). The lack of sbcape can be contributed by two key things today (the southerly wind off the ocean, and convective debris). Sigh I look forward to severe weather here on the island, but get disappointed. 

plenty of SBCAPE around the area:

sbcp.gif?1467400678760

Just drove thru a great cell in Tinton Falls on my way back to Colts Neck from Redbank .

Multiple strikes .

Pouring rain .

Still plenty of thunder here in Colts Neck

plenty of SBCAPE around the area:

sbcp.gif?1467400678760

Post meant for Long Island; there is a good amount of convective inhibition to overcome here.

Pretty impressive ZDR arc on the storm near Freehold a few scans ago. About as good as you'll typically see in NJ. Separated from the KDP maximum as well implying ingested SRH. 

CmTXc_CWcAADU4g.jpg

CmTXdxlW8AEBmvC.jpg

CmTX5l3WAAAWjav.jpg

There was a lot of thunder as it approached, but it died down as it hit. The storm itself had heavy rain here in New Providence for about 10 minutes. It was neat, it got harder and then just stopped. I could actually see the cut off of rain move across the street.

Nothing severe here but a great T-storm. Nearing 1" of rain and still pouring with frequent thunder/lightning. Had a gust to 30mph. Maybe F0 in Freehold. Saw some damage pics.