Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Atlantic Tropical Discussion:Atlantic Looks Active North of 20N

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snywx said:

I believe Irene was a month prior. That was the worst I've seen it here in the HV. FEMA was cutting checks left and right

Floyd was worse down here than Irene, we kinda got lucky with it. The further north you went the worse it got. 

16 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Floyd was worse down here than Irene, we kinda got lucky with it. The further north you went the worse it got. 

Irene was by far the worst IMBY. 13" of rain in about 10 hours which led to all the local area rivers hitting record crests.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

I believe Irene was a month prior. That was the worst I've seen it here in the HV. FEMA was cutting checks left and right

Irene gave us some heavy rain and wind. Some flash flooding and damage but not too bad. Lee, though, really did a number on interior PA. I was at PSU-Hazleton at the time and I couldn't go home that weekend because Wilkes-Barre was under a mandatory evacuation order. PSUH itself was shut down for two days because of the amount of commuting students and professors who just had no way to get to campus. 

The W-B Susquehanna actually crested above the Agnes record, but it was revealed the levee actually had protection to 44 feet instead of the commonly accepted 41. I remember that Friday morning, the Emergency Alert System went off and I honestly thought the levees had broken...

AVP recorded 3.73" from Irene and 6.03" from Lee; September 2011 proved to be the wettest month ever recorded with 11.46". The events both keyed our wettest year on record with 60.00" exactly.

1 hour ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Irene gave us some heavy rain and wind. Some flash flooding and damage but not too bad. Lee, though, really did a number on interior PA. I was at PSU-Hazleton at the time and I couldn't go home that weekend because Wilkes-Barre was under a mandatory evacuation order. PSUH itself was shut down for two days because of the amount of commuting students and professors who just had no way to get to campus. 

The W-B Susquehanna actually crested above the Agnes record, but it was revealed the levee actually had protection to 44 feet instead of the commonly accepted 41. I remember that Friday morning, the Emergency Alert System went off and I honestly thought the levees had broken...

AVP recorded 3.73" from Irene and 6.03" from Lee; September 2011 proved to be the wettest month ever recorded with 11.46". The events both keyed our wettest year on record with 60.00" exactly.

That period here featured three extreme rainfalls with over 9" from Aug 14th-16th, including  8.65" on the 14th alone...then Irene on the 27th-28th with 8", followed by Lee on Sept 6th-8th with another 4.85". Monthly rainfall record in August of 21.53" with a 30 day total of 25.50". Also a record  yearly total of 73.11".

4 hours ago, wthrmn654 said:

When Fiona was probably forecast it was suppose to get Bermuda,then suddenly a due west course was shown.. then Gaston stated to appear to shift more and more west.

Doubt it will lead to much but who knows

I'm hoping he gets between 60-65W and becomes a major delivering some nice swells for the east coast. It seems like models are again underestimating some of these ridges, so I wouldn't be shocked if Bermuda gets in on this. 

Archived