joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 24-30th Severe Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These initial storms are looking really nice on radar. Velocity not as impressive yet but it's promising to see them having hooks this early in their life.

Though the storm near Ames, OK seems to be getting some inflow on velocity. Something to watch.

10% hatched Tor's allows for a PDS Tor watch with 90/80 probs???

So we have a 10% tor with a 90/80 PDS watch. Apparently we've officially entered the twilight zone.

Yeah, doesn't quite add up.

I think it might just be the SPC's thing of hardly changing jack at the 3PM Central update, but seriously this is one of the weirdest things the SPC has ever done.

Considering the large PDS watch, and the large unchanged area of hatched 10% tornado risk from the latest SPC outlook, I wonder if the SPC thinks someone is going to be primed for something bigger, but doesn't have any confidence in the placement.

that's my thought on that. No one area has an identifiably better tornado threat.

Yeah, but neither have very strong rotation. Going to need low level flow to ramp up a bit, it's still quite early before the LLJ intensification.

just will have to wait and see... Still at least a weak-tornado threat for the time being. Did you even expect discrete supercells coming off the dryline at 20Z? Probably not...

We'll see about that... Still at least a weak-tornado threat for the time being. Did you even expect discrete supercells coming off the dryline at 20Z? Probably not...

Actually yes, I did expect initiation quite early. Stop being a snarky jackass.

Actually yes, I did expect initiation quite early. Stop being a snarky jackass.

then you stop being one too. You expected early initiation but probably just a conglomerate mess. Didn't know cursing was allowed on this forum? Hmm.

Probably need another hour or two of modestly improving low level shear to have a real chance. The million dollar question is: are SW OK and NW TX better positioned to take advantage of that by initiating later, or is it simply that the stronger cap south will be only be overcome when strong forcing arrives and lights the whole dryline up at once, with nearly immediate quasi-linear mode?

Helicity is still fairly low on the ICT cell but higher farther north in KS.  The surface low is beginning to deepen and the LLJ will ramp up later.  Initial rotation will probably result in large hail as has been mentioned but tor threat will increase later on.  I am impressed at what we are seeing this early.

then you stop being one too. You expected early initiation but probably just a conglomerate mess. Didn't know cursing was allowed on this forum? Hmm.

You have had multiple posts in this thread like this and others have advised you to stop, but you keep doing it.

Archived