Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2016/2017 because its never too early

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm so sick of sugar cane..I want a real damn storm.

I also want a shot at enhancement for once, as opposed to hoping the cocaine lines are far enough away as not to pork me too much.

Yeah been a rough stretch for some of you since 2013.  Hopefully you guys can get a good storm one of these years.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those are worthy of meltdowns. Getting 112" instead of 120" for the season is still pretty awesome in my book.

The first half of 2012-13 is like what this winter will be like for us in the interior...coming off a record bad winter (in so many aspects), no one actually knows if it'll ever snow again haha.

Anyone from ORH east complaining about anything since Feb 1, 2013 needs to remember it was Jan 2005 through Jan 2011 without a big KU type storm and now you've been averaging 2 per winter it seems.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's alright, I fully expect the 128 N and W people to stomp on and throw dirt on my weenie casket like the Sox did to the Yankees playoff hopes this year. It's coming. Soon enough Ray and Will will be doing the "running man" on my casket as they float me down a river of melting Weymouth snow. 

Rub it in our faces will ya?

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

He's had it tough. He got 18" instead of 24" back in 2015.

Or 100" instead of 115" in a month, lol.

The funny thing is the differences you guys have down there really aren't much compared to up here with all the minute meso-scale stuff going on.  I feel like it'd drive some crazy being up here where you can have flurries while the next town gets 12".  Or like 6" in one side of town and 18" over by the supermarket haha.

On the whole the synoptic storms are fairly uniform in the grand scale.  

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Or 100" instead of 115" in a month, lol.

The funny thing is the differences you guys have down there really aren't much compared to up here with all the minute meso-scale stuff going on.  I feel like it'd drive some crazy being up here where you can have flurries while the next town gets 12".  Or like 6" in one side of town and 18" over by the supermarket haha.

On the whole the synoptic storms are fairly uniform in the grand scale.  

Oh yeah...mtn meteorology is on another level..esp where you are. But, you get things like stalled coastal fronts and it can be the difference of 6 or sometimes 12" or more of a difference in snow. 

Ray basically wants a wet snow or some sort of coastal front enhancement where he can get 12" instead of 10". We've had quite the wet snow events since 2010 here.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh yeah...mtn meteorology is on another level..esp where you are. But, you get things like stalled coastal fronts and it can be the difference of 6 or sometimes 12" or more of a difference in snow. 

Ray basically wants a wet snow or some sort of coastal front enhancement where he can get 12" instead of 10". We've had quite the wet snow events since 2010 here.

Yeah the coastal front differences I'm not as well versed on...I often look at it as a change in snow type.  Mid-level banding generally wins regardless but you guys get some real cool low level stuff going on with the ocean and inflow, and thermal gradients.  

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Everything outside of 128 is Here Be Dragons.  

We all talk and focus on our local areas lol...but it's so funny how often EMA discussion drives DIT crazy :lol:.

It's ironic coming from someone who only focuses on their backyard (or BDL in the summer). If it didn't happen in Tolland, it didn't happen at all. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We all talk and focus on our local areas lol...but it's so funny how often EMA discussion drives DIT crazy :lol:.

It's just crazy how the focus is always there. I get it.. it's the biggest population and highest concentration of posters. 

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's ironic coming from someone who only focuses on their backyard (or BDL in the summer). If it didn't happen in Tolland, it didn't happen at all. 

Every year it cracks me up how the focus shifts locations around Tolland depending on the weather desired.  BDL for the hot days, and the hill top or ORH when cool weather is desired.  

If it's a high of 81F on the hill and 87F at BDL, go with the 87F.  If it's a high of 67F at BDL and 61F on the hill, go with the 61F.  Avoid any temp in the boring zone of 65-85F.  

Love DIT though as he keeps it interesting.

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I specifically mentioned that area for a reason. That area specifically is due for one of those..or at least something like Jan 2003 where the area from 128-495 got it good compared to inside 128.  If I broaden the scope for NE CT, then I can say Kevin is due for some screw jobs. See..now he should feel better.

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah been a rough stretch for some of you since 2013.  Hopefully you guys can get a good storm one of these years.

Did I say the seasons have sucked??

Stop and read.

I said that I would like wetter, more interior based systems....stop letting your own frustration delude your reading comp.

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Did I say the seasons have sucked??

Stop and read.

I said that I would like wetter, more interior based systems....stop letting your own frustration delude your reading comp.

lol of course.  There will always be something that could've been better.  Even in epicosity.

You can't expect not to get heckled a bit complaining about anything that involves 100" in a month haha.  It's not reading comprehension, it's poking the bear.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol of course.  There will always be something that could've been better.  Even in epicosity.

You can't expect not to get heckled a bit complaining about anything that involves 100" in a month haha.  It's not reading comprehension, it's poking the bear.

Ray b**ching his way to 27" in Feb 2013 was a good one...and even in the underperformer of Dec 2009, he b**ched his way to a foot after calling epic bust for his BY.

It's no secret that he has a huge jackpot fetish...but he doesn't really try to hide it either, which is commendable.

7 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ray b**ching his way to 27" in Feb 2013 was a good one...and even in the underperformer of Dec 2009, he b**ched his way to a foot after calling epic bust for his BY.

It's no secret that he has a huge jackpot fetish...but he doesn't really try to hide it either, which is commendable.

:lol:

I think I have made it clear that I'd give my left nut to experience that season again....but I also think that many share my affinity for high WE snow...and mesoscale nuances which they have an opportunity to avail themselves of.

Archived