Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

2 hours ago, BBasile said:

Did end up getting exactly 1 inch of rain for August, and another 0.56" this morning. 

Has been a lackluster summer for weather and now that I have a four day weekend with plans of jet skiing down the shore, the atmosphere decides to send a tropical storm this way.  Go away Hermine!  lol

You mocked her and she just became a hurricane! :lmao:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Be like George Clooney in perfect storm out there on a wave runner this weekend giddyup

lol.  8-13' seas on a ski.  That would be wild.  

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

You mocked her and she just became a hurricane! :lmao:

Haha seriously. And the coast just got a TS watch.  

It's gunna get stoopid hot again later this week ... so there's that. :wacko:

Sat 9/10 will be the last potential 90+ day for many/all of us in Summer 2016 IMO. The 70s will be the new norm shortly then daytime temps/daylight hours will go down and down and down....welcome Fall! Just looking at the angle of the sun today it's not summer any longer. The shaded areas are different/different times....

Nothing can stop this record long boring weather streak. Snooze.

At least there have been some interesting skies, instead of that yellow haze we've gotten so much of.  Maybe the clouds haven't gotten over that way.

So far, no rain.  Now, that is boring.

Trees don't look stressed yet,

but we did have a big rain locally at the end of July

P Junction Flooding Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 10.03.49 PM.png

Sat 9/10 will be the last potential 90+ day for many/all of us in Summer 2016 IMO. The 70s will be the new norm shortly then daytime temps/daylight hours will go down and down and down....welcome Fall! Just looking at the angle of the sun today it's not summer any longer. The shaded areas are different/different times....

Ain't that the truth!  Have been seeing some angry looking Hermine cloud tendrils overhead the past couple hours, and the sky color has been that weird orangey slate hue.

Hermine has been a giant tease, lost some sleep checking updates I must admit. But I learned my lesson, until the next system! Goodness I need to go to an addition program. Does one exist for weather people?

Weather people are usually good at Math and adding stuff so there's probably no programs available. Oh, you meant addiction. I see. There are many programs for weather people who lose sleep, pull all nighters, follow endless model runs, see imaginary snow flakes (hallucinate) and who are all-around nutjobs with anything weather related. I don't think it's covered on most insurance plans though... 

On the drought comments. In Worcester we have apparently had several localized showers over the past few weeks that made a big difference in the "greening" of the grass.  Just a few miles to the northeast into Harleysville area it is big difference with brown lawns, etc. Not sure if they calculate the drought maps on averages in an area or not. For example - I don't think Worcester - although dry - should be on the map. Harleysville should be.

Had to finally buck up and water out there with the next heatwave coming and only low pops forecast . I chuckled at this from Mitchell in the AFD -

Rainfall deficits could increase by another inch across most of
the region in the next week or so. Rain dances may be needed to
change this pattern around a bit.

:lol:

I've never been a big fan of the 3 H's, but the wx geek in me can't help but be impressed by Sept heat. We're down about 2 hours of daylight, the sun angle gets lower everyday and still these temps/heat indices would do mid July proud.

Okay, done being impressed now ... let's start fall! 

Archived