Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE fall general OBS and Discussion thread

The Iceman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Models keep trending drier for Sun-Mon. In other news late month could feature a significant cool shot and next weeks heat wave doesn't look scorching anymore.

I'm going with around .1-.2 Sun-Mon then nothing for another 10+ days. (if?) This will screw up Fall foliage. Everything is just kinda dead...  

S

There be something unusual coming from the sky right now.  Something that I haven't seen since August 31st.  Was out putting fall fertilizer on the plants with the hope that it can get watered in.

Currently overcast with occasional DZ.  Temp is 74F and the dewpoint is a muggy 70F!  Definitely a big humidity difference from this past week.

16 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Nice loud clap of thunder out of nowhere...

I heard thunder about 30 minutes ago.  Quickly coming up on 1" rain so far.  Some of the heavier instances were peaking at 1.5"/hr (so far).  The band is moving pretty slowly as predicted.  Hopefully this will revive the poor brown grass!

Up to 1.4" so far (yay) although the radar looks as if the back edge is approaching unless something back-builds.  Still pretty juicy out there with a 69F dewpoint. It doesn't look like Julia moisture has been drawn up yet until the front gets closer? So may end up with a pause and then a round 2?

4 hours ago, JTA66 said:

85.0F was the best I could do today, time to wrap up the AC. I'm sure we have some "hot" days ahead, but the overnights (sleeping weather) is much improved!

I think we're done around these parts...really don't see us cracking 80 for a long time. And the nights, some may need heat w/lows in the 40s early next week.

Archived