• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible April Snowstorm (4/9) & Observations

After reviewing this morning's 8z RAP animation, I am absolutely convinced that a major Spring snowstorm will take place today, 9 April 2016 out over Long Island.  Practically everyone will be caught off guard.

...not a flake out here on ELI..(no rain either)just cloudy and raw..39*

nice call pam!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow the pics from atlantic city are nice. They got a few inches down there.

This goes to show you that it can snow and stick in mid april with decent rates.

That's amazing I haven't seen a flake on Long Island. Even during heavier rates. I guess being basically at sea level isn't helping today. Hoping the heavier band pivots west before moving out as now the sun is becoming less of an issue but it's really about rates or elevation in this one. Seems being just a couple hundred feet higher on the north shore is doing the trick

After reviewing this morning's 8z RAP animation, I am absolutely convinced that a major Spring snowstorm will take place today, 9 April 2016 out over Long Island.  Practically everyone will be caught off guard.

Pam,

It's ova.

Hopefully this Panasoic tv model is better.

I hate the nam, gfs, euro etc.

i  want know it is going to snow..makes me feel better.

Best.

I had a feeling someone down to the coast could be surprised with 1-3" because of the dynamics of the system. Besides that, it was mehh as expected. It takes something really special to surprise with a widespread accumulating snow event this late in the season. Not really many surprises, if anything this underperformed compared to what some models were printing out. The NAM had up to a foot of snow west of Philly. 

Archived