joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I am riding the snow sleet line on numerous models its probably time for even GEOS to put up the flag...

Don't know what you're getting at here. I'm just tracking like everyone else posting in here. Enjoy your snowstorm. It looks like it will be epic.

GEM is more or less the same track - goes over Hoosier.

12" line is sneaking into the MKX cwa a bit.

acckucherasnowmw.png

acckucherasnowmw.png

The kids have no school thurs/fri...this could be a good thing.  Such a nice day today too...going to look a lot different in 48hrs.

What's the news on the street? Anyone wanting to see snow... are people in a meltdown at all?  :lol:

I know the kids are always up for a snow day or two.

Checked around and unless I missed something, only seeing 6-12" amounts in the watch/warning products.  Want to see some swinging for the 1-2 feet fences.  :guitar:

Yea, it's how they roll these products out.

As a rule, I bet most see in the 8-10 inch range, but a swath will easily exceed a foot.

What's the news on the street? Anyone wanting to see snow... are people in a meltdown at all?  :lol:

I know the kids are always up for a snow day or two.

Its like a June day today...sun out and the grass is green..i don't think people believe it.  I'm in denial.  GFS wants to drop temps to single digits Friday morning under this glacier...wouldn't surprise me.

Its like a June day today...sun out and the grass is green..i don't think people believe it. I'm in denial. GFS wants to drop temps to single digits Friday morning under this glacier...wouldn't surprise me.

You're right. People don't believe it. We're likely going to miss the big snow here in the metro, but not many people seem to know that any snow is on the way. I just told my coworker to enjoy the sun and warmth today because tomorrow he might need to shovel a few inches. He looked like he was in shock.

Yea, it's how they roll these products out.

As a rule, I bet most see in the 8-10 inch range, but a swath will easily exceed a foot.

Didn't used to be that way. I remember WSWarning for 10-20" across NMI for 11-11-95, and even 3-5-12 had that 18+ bullseye around Grand Traverse Bay. Concrete snow just doesn't stack very well. Case in point, the 11.4" I had in mby for the 2-29 storm. Had that been a normal 25*F snowfall, easily 15-18" storm.

Having said that, another marginal season storm this reminds me of was 11-5-90 when mby (just SE of TC) had 14" with 16 in Kalkaska and I think Lewiston was the jackpot with 18" of the heaviest tree-felling concrete you ever want to see. Forest looked like a disaster zone near my place, can't imagine the places hardest hit. :yikes:  

Riding the southern edge here so these little adjustments will be important for MBY. ThunderSnows graphic depicting the slow southern shift in the 500 vort was interesting. Would not have picked up on that based on 850 data and 2m air temps which largely haven't shifted a ton, via the GFS, over the past few days.

Does the Euro show rain for Toronto? I really would prefer that. Looks like thermals are marginal. I would hate ZR

Snow to ice to rain right along the lake shore.

post-7389-0-83890900-1458671332_thumb.pn

Hoosier quote:

What's that sw-ne streak in IL...secondary def zone?

Yeah, more or less.

Geos could you please post Ontario? Thanks!!

Look above about 4 posts.

---

To the secondary defo band topic. If the colder air arrives a little sooner that snow area in IL would be beefed up a bit. EURO is showing that in the early evening.

Look above about 4 posts.

---

To the secondary defo band topic. If the colder air arrives a little sooner that snow area in IL would be beefed up a bit. EURO is showing that in the early evening.

Thanks!! I missed it :)

Archived