joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precip moving due north on radar, at least to my eyes. How long before it heads east is the question.

Precip moving due north on radar, at least to my eyes. How long before it heads east is the question.

for the next few hours there is nothing to really stop it from moving north/ne instead of ene..the kicker has pretty much stalled it's forward movement and interaction is already happening.

RGEM is a good hit for eastern LI and a crush job for Coastal SNE. NYC just gets very light snow.

looks to me like anyone outside of coastal NJ is nada for this one. ANd the coastal is only light. Would need to shift a lot west  for us to get in the game but hey SNE looks like they get a nice event. Can't get em all.

GFS is already way wrong with what's currently going on....even at 12 hours.  (precip shield)   Don't even bother watching rest of run. 

NAM is closest to what's curently going on...and isn't even West enough yet.

none of the models cept king nam have a clue here,anyone from the city east is in game for a surprise.

The mesos may have a slight advantage over globals in that they can pick up the convective aspect of the storm development better. Thus, they may be noting a resultant higher height field from latent heat release. This sort of happened in the blizzard as the mesos edged north into southern New England before the globals. Though, of course, one must consider that they may overdo it as well. 

Archived