• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely miserable day.....  Did get a thunderstorm through here today.  .97" rain locally as of this hour.  

Moderate to heavy rain throughout the day..... got my new car all wet.  Was a a bit surprised by the thunder and lightning today. All of this is making me look forward to spring. 

started snowing around 4 and then let up for a couple hours but has been mod/heavy snow for almost three hours.  1/3 of the way to a foot.

Your backyard will do fine obviously and you already know that BUT some areas busted really hard to the south and east of you.

Haven't measured total depth in awhile, but if I'd have to guess its around 24" inches total. With this heavy garbage on top, probably 27" to 29" by morning. Hopefully we won't get too much rain if it switches over.

I would say you are pretty much safe from any long period of rain. Imo

Your backyard will do fine obviously and you already know that BUT some areas busted really hard to the south and east of you.

Northern Lower didn't do too badly, all things considered. They were only expected to see 3-6" of snow, which they did.

The convective nature of the precipitation and strong wet bulb cooling really helped them out. 

Northern Lower didn't do too badly, all things considered. They were only expected to see 3-6" of snow, which they did.

The convective nature of the precipitation and strong wet bulb cooling really helped them out.

I'm talking about the U.P like Escanaba and Manistque for example. Some places dry slotted almost the whole storm. If that happened here. Oh boy. Lol.

Just went on a walk with the dog. 7.5" in the last 5 hours. Still rockin'. Should hit double digits based on current trends.

MPX mentions locations possibly getting 12-18" as these heavy bands continue to roll through.

Chitown not surprised with this at all. Look at the Minnesota Forecaster site.  I'm randyinchamplin there. Used Vorticity Advection for my forecast and rode it hard.

http://www.minnesotaforecaster.com/

Archived