• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you and Brewers had a covert operation sometime over the last few days and disabled Geos magnet.  Well played.   :lmao:

I had nothing to do with it haha. I almost gave up on this thing a couple days ago. With that said, I was thankful for the Geos magnet when I was back home!

FWIW the latest HRRR and RAP look to be slightly stronger and farther north compared to other guidance by 15-18z.

The best part of this storm for here is that it rains for like less than 6 hours. Nice and quick. Get it over with. 10 days of models for 6 hours of rain...

:lmao:

Yeah really.

Low heading towards OKC.

pmsl.gif?1454383641881

RGEM not backing down, actually the opposite here into MI.

rgem_asnow_ncus_16.png

Lol, Geos. You and I are both in that prime snow zone there. Oh, how I would love to be surprised with 7 inches of snow...

Did you say it was the one to pick up on colder air/sleet fest for the Dec. 28 storm?

Are we grasping at straws here?

We probably are grasping quite a bit. It would be cool if it decides to thunder snow tomorrow morning.

The model did get the cold air right for the sleet storm and the HRRR did too.

I don't really see any sleet signature in that model. Pretty sharp rain snow line.

I will say the GFS is running about 6° too warm here. Currently 27°

We probably are grasping quite a bit. It would be cool if it decides to thunder snow tomorrow morning.

The model did get the cold air right for the sleet storm and the HRRR did too.

I don't really see any sleet signature in that model. Pretty sharp rain snow line.

I will say the GFS is running about 6° too warm here. Currently 27°

Getting close to "go time" for the RAP, which is trying to show snow into Northern Illinois at 18 hours.

Getting close to "go time" for the RAP, which is trying to show snow into Northern Illinois at 18 hours.

There goes the convection.

TLX.N0Q.20160202.0406.gif

Will be really interesting late morning/early afternoon for sure.

Was just looking at temp guidance for tonight and the GEM and RGEM are the most accurate in this area. Quite a few 20s over the region.

Some lightning showing up with that band of showers over central MO.  Storm is starting to take shape.

The earlier runs of the HRRR showed precip at the onset starting as snow as far south as I-80 near the QC, but subsequent runs have been steadily pushing that north.  Don't expect any flakes here until Wed morning when we may get some wind blown scraps.

There's definitely some 20s on the map in the region. Down to 27.0° now.

http://www.aviationweather.gov/metar?zoom=5&lat=43.28323&lon=-92.6604&layers=B00FFTFFFFFTT&plottype=temp%2Cwind%2Cwx%2Ccover%2Cdew%2Cwgst%2Cid&scale=1&density=0&metric=false&decoded=false&taf=false

RGEM gets you into the snow Cyclone for a short time.

I_nw_EST_2016020200_015.png

11 am tomorrow.

I_nw_EST_2016020200_017.png

I_nw_EST_2016020200_018.png

It's 34.7F here right now, though my thermometer may be running a tad warm. This won't even be starting as snow probably.

27F ...will you even get anything ?  Still showing 8 to 12 here but i still think we end up more on the 8 side of things.  Reminds me of the last big storm when we ended up with about 9 inches.    Still under 20 inches for the year so this will at least help get us towards are avg (low 40 inches). 

Blizzard conditions as far east as Knoxville Iowa (southeast of Des Moines).  Currently 1/4 mile with 52mph gust SN.

EDIT:  Oskaloosa just east of there recently reported 53mph at 3/4 mile.  Looks like CR crew could get a brief period of blizzard conditions as that moves northeast right at them.

Archived