• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawkeye and Nate are right on the line on the 12z GFS.  That's one hell of a cutoff lol.  Glad we know we're out of it here, as I don't know if I could take being that close.  Good luck to you guys to the northwest.  Jonbo, you are gonna get smoked there.  DLL as well. 

9pq7gn.jpg

What would be really interesting is if I got 6 inches of snow while my place of work only got an inch! :lmao: That would really be something!

Hawkeye and Nate are right on the line on the 12z GFS. That's one hell of a cutoff lol. Glad we know we're out of it here, as I don't know if I could take being that close. Good luck to you guys to the northwest. Jonbo, you are gonna get smoked there. DLL as well.

9pq7gn.jpg

It's more likely I'll stay in the sweet spot but my confidence levels dropped this morning seeing that gradient inch closer to me and knowing there's still a little over a day to go with the models. I blame the :weenie: in me.

Surprisingly good agreement on this. For the past two days we have basically been sweating a 50 mile run to run wiggle, with the exception of the one off outlier.

Compared to what we have seen this winter, the bullseye has wavered surprisingly little.

I agree. Models have done very well with this.

It's amazing how much better models are now in comparison to even 5 years ago.

It's more likely I'll stay in the sweet spot but my confidence levels dropped this morning seeing that gradient inch closer to me and knowing there's still a little over a day to go with the models. I blame the :weenie: in me.

Oh I definitely understand.  Sometimes when you've been in the main threat area you can get a little paranoid about something happening to change things.  For the most part the models have been pegging the northwest 2/3rd of IA for 4-5 days.  This is looking like a slam dunk to me in the Omaha to La Crosse corridor.  Easily a nice 8-12" with isolated higher amounts kind of event.  

Surprisingly good agreement on this. For the past two days we have basically been sweating a 50 mile run to run wiggle, with the exception of the one off outlier.

Compared to what we have seen this winter, the bullseye has wavered surprisingly little.

Yep, if you take a step back and look at everything at a higher level, your comments are spot on. The funny part is that with this sub, 50 miles one way or the other makes or breaks it for a number of people!

Thinking the snowfall on the GEM is overdone on the TT site.  They definitely have a different precip type algorithm than the collaboration/cmc site.  

Here's a comparison of both of them at 18z Tue.  Rain/snow line is much further north on the collaboration/cmc site.

2ngeydz.jpg

2jagl1d.jpg

And a nasty dry slot at that (on the CMC site)! :axe:

Thinking the snowfall on the GEM is overdone on the TT site.  They definitely have a different precip type algorithm than the collaboration/cmc site.  

Here's a comparison of both of them at 18z Tue.  Rain/snow line is much further north on the collaboration/cmc site.

2ngeydz.jpg

2jagl1d.jpg

The TT map is averaged precip type over the past 6 hours.  So in a situation where the rain/snow line is retreating north, it's going to show snow farther south than an instantaneous map like the other site.

Archived