• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
GHD III Winter Storm February 1st-3rd (Part 2)

Powerball

Yeah there's is something fishy about that. It's not dry air causing it or warm temps. Should be showing at least a couple inches for us both.

Yeah, the snowfall maps don't seem to follow what is being shown on the precip/radar maps.

Plus, that is such crap if the Low moves from Indy to Toledo and we still don't get any snow. That is normally a great track for my area. Not this winter...

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like DVN is throwing in the towel on this one for the QC points southeast.  Still some decent potential from Iowa/Cedar Rapids northwest.  I tend to agree at this point.  The lead storm was modeled well down into the 980s on some of them a few nights ago, and now most barely drop it into the 990s.  That has allowed the main storm to track more northwesterly.  Since I'm guessing the models have a pretty decent handle on the lead storm, I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on this one.  Looks like maybe a dusting before we switch to a cold/34 degree rainer.  

First call for here/QC <1" from front end snow/mix, and maybe a another dusting to a half inch on the tail end.  Whatever we get on the front end will be long gone by the time the wrap around crap falls, so we'll pretty much continue the bare ground theme as we stroll deep into Feb.

Looks like DVN is throwing in the towel on this one for the QC points southeast.  Still some decent potential from Iowa/Cedar Rapids northwest.  I tend to agree at this point.  The lead storm was modeled well down into the 980s on some of them a few nights ago, and now most barely drop it into the 990s.  That has allowed the main storm to track more northwesterly.  Since I'm guessing the models have a pretty decent handle on the lead storm, I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on this one.  Looks like maybe a dusting before we switch to a cold/34 degree rainer.  

First call for here/QC <1" from front end snow/mix, and maybe a another dusting to a half inch on the tail end.  Whatever we get on the front end will be long gone by the time the wrap around crap falls, so we'll pretty much continue the bare ground theme as we stroll deep into Feb.

Umm. To paraphrase a line in their discussion: models continue to be inconsistent and full sampling has yet been done. I don't think they've landed on a sure fire solution 72 hours out.

Well, good news is if it cuts as far northwest as the 18z GFS we have a shot at some thunder.  I'll take that over 34 degrees and moderate rain showers.

Also, Hooser might get some severe weather (damaging winds) if that verifies.  Anyways, I don't really have much of any hope on this storm, especially of the other models follow suit with this big NW shift of the track of the low.

Right now it does look like a November storm. Even the Dec. 8-9th storm wasn't this far NW at this far out.

GFS is the outlier right now if you think about it. It's been the EURO that's been the most NW with these types of systems.

Need to keep that wave open as long as possible.

Well, good news is if it cuts as far northwest as the 18z GFS we have a shot at some thunder.  I'll take that over 34 degrees and moderate rain showers.

It seems a few models just had a hiccup yesterday.  There will be very little cold advection behind that weak crap lead wave.  My area of Iowa was counting on solid CAA behind that thing so the low couldn't just make a hard left into the state.

Archived