• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

do you have a sleeper? :) IF so, I would pull off at a rest stop and wait it out when it happens.

Yup. I do. I'm a local driver but our runs are all about 250 miles one way, so any bigger problem can result in running out of legal hours to drive. Then we need to shut down at a truckstop.

Also, we have very light snow in Hazleton. It going to be a fun ride to Waterbury if it's snowing this far west...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give my left *** to get a good storm but I lost it..... (lance Armstrong and I have lots in common except that I didn't race in the Tour de France and I didn't take performance enhancing drugs.)

Anyway, anyone have a good qpf map for the next storm?

through 156 on 06z GFS

IMO general 3-6 for much of state

Nut

gfs_asnow_us_27.png

If next week fizzles to nothing, I'm cancelling this winter...I mean really, if it does fail, I wouldn't be surprised if we wound up with <10" for the winter.

On a side note, AVP's season total somehow bumped up to 5.3" from 4.8" from 1/31 to 2/1 without any apparent reason...

With all the talk of strong el nino supposedly being an interior winter..what a joke, even Binghamton has only 14 inches and areas to your north in Pa that are suppose to average 70 to 80 inches in snowfall have only 10 or 12 inches at best! Even NYC has twice that amount!!!

If next week fizzles to nothing, I'm cancelling this winter...I mean really, if it does fail, I wouldn't be surprised if we wound up with <10" for the winter.

On a side note, AVP's season total somehow bumped up to 5.3" from 4.8" from 1/31 to 2/1 without any apparent reason...

IIRC ,they measure at WNEP. Again IIRC they had a bit of snow the other day in one of those squalls.

IIRC ,they measure at WNEP. Again IIRC they had a bit of snow the other day in one of those squalls.

I found it - there was 0.4" measured on 1/29, as per the CF6 for January. For some reason, it wasn't reflecting on the CLI, which showed the total at 4.8" through the end of January.

Statistical glitch aside... (reinsert gripes about this winter here)

Please Jesus no snow before after sunset Monday.

I'm really on the fence about this. Monday is my birthday, and it's always nice to get snow on your birthday, but...I'll be driving that day, and I really don't want to end up in an overnight situation, or perhaps even something worse....

I'm really on the fence about this. Monday is my birthday, and it's always nice to get snow on your birthday, but...I'll be driving that day, and I really don't want to end up in an overnight situation, or perhaps even something worse....

My wife is in charge of a rally at the Capitol w/ 500+ coming from all over the state. She'll be devastated if this impacts attendees' ability to make it (they're bussing in from all state universities).

My birthday is August 30. Get me snow on my birthday...

Archived